Gerry's Brie Bites

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Gerry's Brie Bites

Post by Bergy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:02 am

Gerry I took some liberties with your recipe. Instead of the puff pastry I used Crostini Crackers, cut a small wheel of Brie in half then cut it through the middle, added the Jalapeno jelly to the bottom half of the cheese, placed the top half over and baked it 400f for 15 minutes. Served with the crackers - Brie Heaven!!

Gerry's Brie Bites with Hot Pepper Jelly

QueenBea

Re: Gerry's Brie Bites

Post by QueenBea » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:14 am

Oh my, that looks so tasty 😋

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Have to love how you get so much mileage from one recipe, this happens to be one of our favorite appetizers. Years back I managed to find the phyllo tartlet shells but haven't since. So times when I don't happen to have puff or phyllo on hand I use tartlet shells. What a great idea, happens I found a small wheel of Brie in the fridge that I missed serving last weekend, guess what I will be enjoying this weekend. Bergy you are not only Queen of the Burgers but the Queen of the Appetizers as well! :)

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:11 am

Thanks Bea and Thank-you Gerry - We love our Sunday 3PM Appie. We have brunch on Sunday, no lunch and the appie are served along with a martini - We play music from 60's, 70's etc. , toast our friends that are long gone. It is a nice tradition where we laugh and remember some great times from the past.