~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:40 am

missa glad you have a farmer's market near you. sounds wonderful.

pattie sure you'll enjoy the time with family and miss them when they are gone.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 pm

I was thinking a week of family visiting Patti so hope your weekend sees enough love to see you through til next time! Are you having some beach time Judy, soon that will be a next year thing.

Actually other than the protesting joints I have had a great year, who would think nasty itching would see to an eardrum and an infection problem! Thankfully other than uncomfortable and hard to swallow I do not feel ill. Am sure that Zithromax should do it.

I wish we had those awesome markets and outdoor activities close by Misa, I loved the ice cream part! On our extended weekends in the US a Sunday drive would see to an ice cream stop, had to love the one that had yogurt strawberry sundaes. Best ever! Not as much fun as an outdoor market but it was good!

We did the mother/daughter and grandson yesterday and enjoyed every minute, beautiful weather today which sees me looking to an outdoor day along with prepping for a garden/gazebo day tomorrow with my brother and sis in law. Start to a great week.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:00 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Oh right Judy...you were beachcombing this year looking for rocks to paint...have you done anymore? Is the beach close by so you can walk or do you go with a friend...? I can not remember.

Lots of fun things happening for you Gerry! Enjoy your time with your brother and wife! Hopefully the meds will kick in soon to stop the infernal itching and swallowing will be better! Keeping you in my prayers!

Family leaving today...will surely miss them...but the heart and soul are full!! Elijah (3 yrs old) had his very first ATV ride yesterday. Luckily I had bought a helmut for him that fit perfectly. He was so enthralled that they repeated the ride before dinner last night. Oh the wonder on his wee face with eyes wide and a big smile made us all so happy. He rode with my DH and Judah and Halie rode on the other ATV. I watched from the back of the house until they were out of sight. They went down to the beach and around the cabins and up through the field.

Make a glorious day and smile lots! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 am

What a wonderful weekend Patti, it was the photos of your beautiful home, yard, garden and the photo of your awesome canning shelves way back when that drew me to your recipes. Made for smiles this morning to know your family was sharing your happy place. You should share those photos here in our little corner of calm!

The drops are soothing but still waiting for the meds to kick in! But no mater going to enjoy the beautiful sunny day. Wishing everyone a great week!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 am

no beach time. unfortunately I can't go unless with my SIL and her husband,my brother has had several bouts of illness so she cant leave him. and don't have a car 🚗 so cant make 20 mile trip on foot.

off to Roseburg cosco is calling.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 am

I will try to post some photos Gerry...it is just finding the time to do it! :lol: Don't know if I told you...my camera packed it in. ERG! Any moment your meds will kick in! Sure hope it is soon for you! It was hard saying goodbye...as always...but we are enjoying the quiet house without a 3 yr old. Miss the family but not the chaos.
Clearly...we are getting old! :lol:

I have not heard you talk of Roseburg Judy! Is it closer than Coos Bay? Hope you had a wonderful day! :-)

Going to dismantle and remove the queen size hide-a-bed from downstairs and I am going to re-vamp the room for my spinning room. For me it is going to be a fun time. As my home is small...there is fiber in every room of my home except the bathroom. :lol: And want it all in one place.

Have a terrific day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:14 am

no Roseburg is further. over an hour. only go. there once a year.

it will be nice to have a room dedicated to spinning.

you cant help but spend at Costco. but enjoyed self. ate a yummy 😋 hot chicken sandwich.hot

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Popping in and getting clicks in. Going in for annual check-up at my general practice doctor tomorrow, so taking the day off from school tomorrow. Originally had another doctor's appointment as well, but alas, that had to reschedule as that doctor will be out of town.

I've not spoken much about my class this year, as it has been a difficult start. I'm almost at the legal class size limit (double the kids I had last year) and several with severe behavioral issues. Added stress from poor testing results on last year's tests - we have extra workload. New schedules for everyone. Morale is down across the school. I just try to pray and try to do the best I can every day, but some days I don't feel it's good enough. It's a big part of why I've not been as regular to pop in lately. I'm just so mentally and physically run down, I just don't have much left in me at the end of the work day.

Judy - sounds like you had a great run at Costco. I've not been to one yet as the nearest one is a good hour plus ride. I have heard lots of great things about them. I used to be a member of Sam's Club which I take is quite similar. Sam's is more predominate around here as we are rife with Wal-Marts. Both Sam's and Costco are a good drive away, but it might be time to consider joining one again.

Patti, I laugh because I'm pretty sure my house has the same affliction but with beads. :lol:

I do have some things to look forward to in the near future; fall break will be coming up in a few weeks. I'm already making plans to do a small thing or two while I'm off. It is also almost time for the National Storytelling Festival - several of us teachers band together and go for the Ghost Story portion. The festival has many international talents, and that is usually also reflected in the spooky story concert.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:28 am

Misa...hope your hectic life settles soon for the sake of your sanity! What a whirlwind of emotions and stress! But there are the fun times too that I know you hold on to when things are a wee bit overwhelming. Keeping you in my daily prayers!!

Got another dump run in yesterday and another today is planned. Then everything is out of the spinning room and hopefully we can get the carpet in either today or tomorrow. Then the fun starts for me!!! So looking forward to setting the room up the way I want. And once I get all the fiber removed from each room...the purging upstairs will be minimal (comparatively speaking). Can you say "hoarding". And if you can...you would be right. I only buy fiber now for big projects like blankets etc. And use what I have for smaller projects.

Seems that Fall is in the air here. Temp this morning is 7C (44F)...and leaves are falling. Looking forward to cocooning this winter as we only go to town once a month when the snow flies.

Have a happy day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:53 am

misa sounds as though your going to have a full day everyday with such a big class load.

a friend is thinking of buying a king size blanket and making a coat. like you, she loves to sew. at least i think you do more than spinning.