~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:53 am

Clicks are in! :O3

As my Mom always said Gerry..."many hands make light labour". Always appreciate when other volunteer to help! At our age...I know I don't refuse it and it is most welcomed. :lol:

The addition of pineapple would be delicious Judy! I made muffins and added a mix of spices, dried cranberries (soaked) and walnuts. Got 22 medium muffins. Froze them on a tray and bagged. We are having 5 people for 4 days come to visit and want to have easy brekky items...so I don't have to stand and cook like a restaurant. Will pair it with yogurt, fresh fruit and coffee/tea etc.

Make a beauteous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:50 am

Sounds as though your preparing for fall. Guess it is right around the bend. Enjoy your muffins and zucchini bread. Someone is always willing to share as zucchini is abundant.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Thank you for the reminder that muffins are great for company mornings, when I did the big birthday with a full house thinking to all the little ones last minute saw me buy muffins. They were happy with them but now I know why I baked my own! Thinking to Thanksgiving company will find my zucchini recipe for the freezer. When I get extra ripe bananas #recipe1932 and when I bring in the carrots #recipe1930.

Smokey last night and a far too chilly morning sees me needing tissues.Hope it isn't the cold that is going around. So nice yesterday aft I didn't pick the tomatoes. 50 Fahrenheit mid morning and cloudy. I don't like cold but thinking I best find a warm jacket and warm head covering and pick the tomatoes and freezables. Supposed to rain but unless it warms I better have the major of the tomatoes picked.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:01 am

I have made both of your recipes and so happy you mentioned them Gerry! I will be making the Carrot Cake - Carrot Muffins - Fruited Carrot Loaf - Christmas Muffins tomorrow and will do it as a loaf like before. Thanks for the reminder! I just know they will thoroughly enjoy it.

It has been raining here for the past few days with the odd clap of thunder and lightning. Off to town this morning with Astrid...and taking two of my dogs for grooming. Busy day!

You are so right Judy...zucchini up the wazoo here! :lol: Going to make my Zucchini Focaccia for the weekend.

Wishing you a wonderous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:31 am

thank you both for converting temperature to Fahrenheit, never grasped Celsius

Gerry I copied Best Ever Streusel Topped Banana Muffins

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Would that I had some of those zucchini of yours Patti! Have made and enjoyed your Zucchini Focaccia and always a winner at our house! Being just one a good thing those muffins freeze well Judy. Will be getting to muffins before Thanksgiving.

Should have picked those tomatoes and freezables Sunday afternoon, as yesterday come noon it started to rain, so chilly out there I thought to frost. When it slowed down to misty and drizzle I went picking. Have to hope the neighbors didn't see me out there in my winter jacket and the heaviest toque I could find. Brought in the ripe ones and spread the rest out on blankets in the garage to dry before I box and cover to ripen. A great yield this year! Got the special plant pots moved to the garage as well. The afternoon saw me come in wet and tired and almost six! Guess what I had for supper. Too tired to even heat a bowl of soup I had toasted tomato sandwiches! Enjoyed, today I am thinking to breaded eggplant that has become one I enjoy as well.

Unreal, still raining! Maybe going to be an indoor day as now that the tomatoes, peppers and eggplants are picked I'll just have to hope it doesn't freeze.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 am

Oh Gerry...I can almost taste those beauteous homegrown toasted tomato sammies!!!! YUM! Nothing like the full bodied flavour of a homegrown matie!

You will thoroughly enjoy Gerry's Best Ever Streusel Topped Banana Muffins Judy!!

Now that the shop is done...in the kitchen today to make Gerry's loaf and a bbq rub for the weekend.

Create an amazing day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:16 am

love streusel topping. but will have to wait for next shopping trip plus a while fot bananas to ripen

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Happy belated birthday, Gerry!

Still crazy at work - I have my work cut out for me this year.

We are at record highs this week being in the 90s Fahrenheit. We don't start cooling down until closer to October, which I am looking forward to! A couple of co-workers and I will be making a day of an area farmers' market on Saturday, which I'm quite excited for. It's in a college town, so we will be contending with football game day traffic. I know I will be sweet talking the girls into going to a gourmet foodie store - they carry a ranged of flavored olive oil and balsamic vinegars on tap you can have them pour for you. I usually treat myself to a couple of small bottles for making salad dressings and my previous stores are long gone. I hope they have the fig balsamic out for sampling. They are shifting the seasonal flavors if their website holds true.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:27 am

It is going to be a wonderful time galavanting with your friends Misa! Have a rip roaring time! :D

Finishing up a few last things today before family comes on Saturday. And off to spinning at the Farmer's Market tomorrow.

Have a great day! :-)