~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:00 am

Clicks are in! :O3

We have been having up and down weather here too Gerry. Some days it is rain/sun and others clouds/sun...but never just sunshine. And sounds like you have everything under control...garden wise! :-)

Hope your shopping trip to Coos Bay went without incident Judy and you had a great time! :-)

Sooo good to have my own vehicle back!!! It was in the shop from August 23 - Sept 5. And it is purring along again. Had to replace the exhaust manifold gasket. And in Ford's ....most time they have to pull the motor/engine. But the wonderful mechanic that I use...went from underneath and had to break bolts...so saved me a lot of money!

Off to mow again this morning....

Have a fun day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:08 am

so glad you had an awesome mechanic to fix your car Pattie.

sounds as though everyone has everything under control.

a friend gave me a diamond 💎 painting to complete. its get to look nice. have you heard of them? its not really painting. you attach sparkly beads to sticky paper to make sparkly pictures.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Have to love having your vehicle back Patti and a mechanic that saves you dollars. Happy mowing!

Always good to hear when you get a chance to go to Coos Bay Judy and adding in a fun hobby.

Had a chilly start to the day which saw to three huge pots of garden soup simmered and ready for my winter stash and the start of fall planting along with working on the apple drop. The older drop saw to extended needed time in the tub. More to go but they are of the fresher kind.

Seems the birthday celebrations are not over, my awesome niece and sil stopped by with a gorgeous pot of mums and a beautiful card. We are going to do lunch tomorrow. How good is that!
Clicking done.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 am

Clicks in - have a great weekend!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:54 am

Oh my goodness Gerry...did not realize it was your birthday when you mentioned "celebration" so on that note:
Happy Belated Birthday Gerry!!
Nice that your celebration is continuing! Enjoy!

And no Judy...I have not heard of diamond painting. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Have a glorious weekend! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Thank you Patti, my birthday is the fourth but being midweek we got together on the long weekend, now seems to be extended to this weekend. The gorgeous huge pot of mums is on my dining table, it's one of the biggest pots of mums I have ever seen! Getting older but this week has me so feeling the love that comes with it!

Yesterday dashed uptown to pick up the special garbage bags needed for the garden refuse before they closed, to find we are changed to bins this week. That saw me order an extra bin. Happy news was the five bags of fallen apples I bagged yesterday went to a farm for the animals and even better when I do the fall clean up they will take the rest of my bags. Now all l I need to bag and bin are the flowers when they get cut back. Color me happy!

Got a couple of calls and messages that is seeing today being more of a mini gathering, plan is now afternoon and supper. Doing the prep. If I see to more calls and run short I have a gallon of soup in the fridge! Off to prep then to give the sitting area a clean up and prepare for the day.

Clicks are in have a great weekend!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:58 am

WOW! You are so well loved Gerry to have such an ongoing birthday celebration. Hope yesterday was fun for you all! How great to have a farm that you can share your abundance of apples. I bet the farmer was well pleased. And giving makes your soul sing.

Thunderstorms last night with heavy rain...so no finishing up the mowing for me today. I purposely left the back 40 for last as it is not really seen from the house. I keep it mowed as it does not hide predators and keeps the bugs down.

Making zucchini bread today...as I was gifted a large zucchini and initially sauteed it up with onions and found it bitter. So will be skinning it and making bread.

Have a marvellous Sunday! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:45 am

have a special sunday. happy ☺ birthday 🎂 gerry sounds as though your specialty happy with your find.

love zucchini bread. mine has pineapple in it.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Thank you for the birthday wishes Judy. Yesterday saw to another great day with family, everyone enjoyed supper ... thinking they went for a walk found daughter and niece had picked up the last of the apple drop. How good is that! Had to love that she will be back to do a pick up anytime I do the garden clean.

A real chilly morning with not a lot of sun happening has me think when it warms I will pick the tomatoes, peppers and eggplants. My garden forum had me find that although no frost warning there was frost in some areas. Fall season always has me wish we had a longer growing season here on the prairies. I missed on planting zucchini this year, am sure Cathy will share. You have me off to find my recipe Patti. And maybe the muffins as well!
Clicks are in. Wishing everyone a great day.