~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:09 pm

for some reason every other time I read your post, potholes turns into potatoes. I will contact barbara, there are a few things i need and it is probably better to go now than if it gets worse. wish me luck.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:03 pm

Busy doing spring cleaning, wish I could use that recipe mixture of Judy's. Way back when we did the paste wax/polish on our floors having read how well it works found I was very allergic to it .. . like in needing to breath! These past weeks one lot of cleaning/disinfecting happened, should be easier now that it is done.

Seemed to be warming early yesterday when filling the feeders the birds were super happy. That didn't last long as it is now really damp and cold. But that sunny and warm should be just around the corner. I have been taking some me time to read to find some time away from that which surrounds us. Been clicking, take care everyone and stay safe.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:48 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Hope you have mask and gloves Judy! Will be praying for a safe homecoming...and no virus.

I will have to make a trip to town at some point soon. Wish I had a hazmat suit. But will be covered at any rate...cute or not! :lol:

Oh Gerry...you have surpassed me in spring cleaning. Got the bathroom walls done and then my ooomph petered out. And yes...we are having yo-yo weather too. Today is the first in a long while that it is not snowing and we have blue skies...but it is very cold -11C (12.2F) That is not to say...

But...I have been making alot of headway with my fibre. Made 5 skeins and washed and hung to dry and today will ball them as I am knitting them.

Keep a song in your soul! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Gerry too bad your allergic to something in the wall washing recipe it is so good

Pattie I wouldn't want to be in that cold a climate.but I'm a pansy. if knew how to spell it whoosh. at least I tried. what are you going to make with your skeins? covid19 is serious problem in all but my county. hope here we have sheltered before people got sick seems to be working so far.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:31 am

You would not like this morning Judy...more snow and it is coming down heavily and temps are very cold. Seeing that my skeins are spun lace weight...I am making neck shawls.

=(( On a sad note...yesterday morning my oldest and smallest dog Charlie died at home in my arms. =((

Keep the Spirit! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Hello ladies, I have missed you!

I've been clicking, but I've also been tethered to the phone and computer trying to call and talk to parents. They are now mandating us to call each parent weekly, which is time consuming as several of my parents don't wish to be contacted and I am required to make several attempts, on top of the fact I have a lot of kids this year. Also, I volunteered at the school to pack food for pick up of our families. We distributed 1,100 lunches and 1,100 breakfasts in 3 hours on Wednesday.

Our state has mandated nonessential business and travel to be stopped for the next 2 weeks. Since business is down, one of the restaurants in the area has done a wonderful thing by converting their produce orders into online grocery shopping for the public, along side their regular menu on take-out. Part of the proceeds go to a food ministry. I support this as it minimizes contact, keeps them in business during this hard time, and helps the community. I'm eager to see some good brussel sprout recipes as I picked some up and never made them at home.

I hope all are well.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:14 am

Wow Misa...you are such a busy lady! What an amazing community! Totally awesome!

Have a wonderous weekend! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Checking in and amazed to see how difficult the school system is for you Misa. As always good to see if all is well with our little group especially during these troubling days. I finally got a start to Easter over at Potluck today. It will be the first time I have ever spent Easter alone but remains there will in a sense still be a touch of potluck involved. I have the Cherry Cheesecake in the freezer ready to be left on my patio for the grans that are close by to pick up for their Easter dessert I was also reminded to another given, the Mexican Chocolate cake which I will make next week and set out in containers and leave on the patio table for my chocolate lovers who live close by. Can't possibly be a germ left in this house after all the washing and sanitizing that has been done. Keeping everyone close in thought, take care and stay safe.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:54 pm

so sorry that Charlie died. it was probably a blessing to him that you could comfort hhim in his last minutes.
misa sounds like you have an awesome neighborhood.

Gerry glad your able to make awesome treats know your neighbors if there chocolaholits will love them, even if they are not.

may not post till monday as conference is on byutv tomorrow and today. messages from my church

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:40 pm

I came back in to have a closer read, Sorry Patti I missed seeing the loss of your Charlie, I am so so sorry to hear that as I know how hard it is when they are so part of the family. Sending love and gentle (((hugs)))