~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:11 am

Clicks are in! :O3

I have not been buying lots either Judy...just what we need with the exception of the dog food and their supplies. Like Gerry (as we live very rurally)...I keep a well stocked larder.

Oh I so know what you mean Misa...lots of things to do around the house...but what do I do...I play with fiber!!! Did manage to clean the bathroom though. Still my heart and mind are consumed with it...maybe this is my way of avoidance of the daily knowledge of just what this virus is capable of doing. Ostrich living! LOL!

Gerry...I too do my fair share of praying lately and think it will get worse before getting better. And that is really scary! Self imposed isolation is wonderful for me...as I keep in touch with loved ones and friends...and don't have to see any other people right now.

Keep a happy smile in your heart! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:07 am

It's been so biting cold and damp here but do see a hint of sun so maybe it will warm. There is no getting away from it here we are in the midst of this terrible pandemic but seems most people here are taking it seriously but unless everyone does I see no end in sight. Judy, speaking of closures for church services, in doing some research in regards to the 1918 pandemic in Saskatchewan I was surprised to find our first Churchless Sunday in Saskatchewan goes back to October 18, 1918.

It's becoming all too real, went to check the weather and see we are under high alert 'All travellers returning from outside of Canada are subject to a mandatory 14 day self isolation order. Violation of the order may result in a fine of 2000 dollars' Saskatchewan has declared a state of emergency. All our frst cases have been travel related. I know people need food but I suspect unless all public places are closed for a period of time there is no stopping this. Animal lover that I am I am thankful we saw to our shop run on Sunday and will be able to keep them fed. I have been planning on making Patti's #recipe5211 I think today is the day.

I see there are plenty of signs already on sale for 'self isolation' but am going with a simple homemade one in the window of my door. Then I will not have to feel I was being rude not to invite anyone in. Clicking on going. Take care everyone and stay safe'

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:07 pm

according to our prophet it will get better the only thing is when. this is temporary. it is so nice to have a calming influence in life.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:19 am

Gerry...I like the idea of the signs! Hopefully it will be effective and have some impact. And Judy is right...just knowing that everything is temporary is soothing...however...it is the "when".

And I will be making my dog cookies too very soon. Love the fact all ingredients are at hand in the kitchen. I just switch up the protein I put there if I need to. Love to make heart shaped, bone shaped and star shapes. And if we have soup a couple go on out plates too! I usually give a batch to a friend with two dogs...and they eat them too.

Going to spend this beauteous day with my fiber and possibly cutting up wallpaper to line drawers in the cabinet I plan on using for spinning items. And making a soup for dinner. I have left over bow-tie pasta in a cream sauce, zucchini and will toss in some broth and frozen veg to finish.

Prayers continuing for our world! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:28 am

going to the bishops this morning for sacrament. up to 10 people allowed.
dinner tonight stuffed peppers.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:57 am

Happy to hear that you can still gather for devotions/sacraments Judy! :-) Sure helps with not feeling too isolated.

We are expecting more snow and low temps again this week. Just when I thought spring breakup was starting. Hopefully all this snow will keep the forest ground damp during the summer.

Have a beauteous heart today! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:12 pm

only gathered for his family and me. no large gatherings authorized.

my social life has diminished. miss seeing people.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:43 am

I understand Judy! So many people I know are very social and are having a tough time missing. My friend is staying home and phoning people to keep in touch.

Today is DH 83rd birthday! So making him a roast beef dinner. We only eat beef a couple of times a year and had this in the freezer...so thought he would really enjoy having it will all the trimmings.

Have to sayJudy...I started washing walls yesterday and used your recipe and it makes the chore so easy by melting away the grime. I say that as I have not washed any walls since 2017 before the fires. So with the smoke from outside and the wood fire inside...ya there are in need of washing. So thank you again for posting!

Big snow overnight...it is wet not our usual dry. But it sure is pretty. Made everything look pristine again.

Have a wonderous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 am

the governor issued an order that everyone should stay home unless need essential s.

glad you're able to use that wall washing formula. I use it for whenever I need to deep clean, especially grease.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 am

Will be finishing up the bathroom walls today and then I still have the hallway and kitchen to do. I edge the room by hand where the ceiling meets the wall and then use a mop to wash the walls. That is so much easier than "arm"strong power.

We are not planning on going anywhere either...only for essentials or help others. Need to help a neighbor take his Golden Lab puppy to the vet. He is not very mobile and can not handle him by himself. Thank goodness vet is staying open.

Have a happy day! :-)