~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Misa

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Misa » Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Gosh, sorry I’ve been quiet. I am wore out. We are winding up the school year here. Roughly a week to go. I hate I missed Patti was having surgery! Thinking of her and hope everyone else is doing well.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri May 17, 2019 9:36 am

Put up squirrel proof and ball feeders filled with the black sunflower seeds this week. Birds are loving them, a plus these feeders have discouraged the grackles. Yesterday the first of the beautiful Goldfinches arrived, they are super hungry! Took the liner out of one of my smaller garden baskets added a dish filled with orange halves, within an hour a gorgeous oriole was enjoying lunch.

By evening more goldfinches than I could count! The robins are nesting and the sweet little dove beside the garage door is faithfully tending her nest with the help of her trusty mate! Life is good! Still chilly but afternoons sees it warmer. Love warm and sunny, have to hope we miss that snow.

Sorry your so tired Misa hopefully after the next week you will manage to find some relax time and get some rest. Admittedly after a day in the garden I am wiped. I can almost taste those cookies Judy, seeing we are picking up one of the grans at the airport this afternoon I should have baked a pan or two. Patti is missed! Clicking all done. Wishing everyone a great weekend.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 am

misa we are glad your back. it is understandable that you cant be here every minute as you have a busy schedule.

gerry so glad you have the birds. nature is wonderful.

grocery shopping this morning and afternoon.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat May 18, 2019 8:03 am

Saturday ---am going over to a friend's house later to play cards. haven't been in a while.
my DVDs should arrive later today. back to bed
have a special weekend

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 pm

The new source for black sunflower seeds is attracting more goldfinches than I have ever had, all needed refilling this morning as did the tray of oranges set out for the Orioles. I thought two but either they are very hungry or there are more! More oranges on the shop list.

Yesterday a mom and son day with a garden shop for bags and bags of triple mix and the big bags of garden mix which are really heavy. Plane was right on time. Have to love that he and grandson did the unloading! Today about out the door for another city run to nurseries and garden centers with daughter. Love spring but wish it would be a warmer morning. Needed a heavy jacket to fill the feeders this morning. Still feels like 0.

Clicks are all in, have a wonderful weekend!

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Tomorrow the hubby and I are heading out to pick up another bag of topsoil, a few more plants for my empty planter on the porch, fertilizer, and maybe another basil plant. Shew, we've kinda of skipped spring - we had winter, lots of rain, and jumping into summer with temps in the 80s°F past few days. You have to dress in layers in spring time because of the chill in the morning and the humid heat in the afternoon here.

Clicks in

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun May 19, 2019 12:04 pm

I'm glad you can both garden. enjoyed that when younger. now no place unless used patio.

have a nice weekend.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun May 19, 2019 7:06 pm

More plants added to the flower bed and on the bank. Picked up a healthier looking basil plant and found some garlic chives. The plant supplier for most of the stores in our area haven't had chives yet, and apparently no serrano peppers - those are my hubby's fave. I'll have to keep looking for those. I am happy to see our baby robin is out of the nest - I can get over to the outside faucet without disrupting the birds. :lol:

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon May 20, 2019 10:50 am

While still a chill in the air this morning it's supposed to see to warming. The nurseries we visited Saturday fairly open, being a chill wind I only picked up a Clematis vine I have been looking for, a couple of perennials and supertunias Bordeaux which have rave reviews. Said to quickly fill a basket, no deadheading and wonderfully fragrant which is a super plus. Being the gorgeous color I love sees it a real winner for my baskets. Now to find good sized Bacopa to add to the baskets or something similar.

I love chives too Misa, use a lot so have allowed extra clumps which need to find a permanent home this spring, if your nursery doesn't have them perhaps a friends garden may have extras to share. For the peppers, I pick up a few but usually wait for end of the season when the huge pots go on sale.

I am amazed how unfazed my sweet little dove is with my comings and goings with her nest being beside the garage door! Judy you may no longer have growing space but enjoying those around you can be the next best thing. Clicks in. Have a great Monday.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon May 20, 2019 1:54 pm

glad it's warmed enough for you to plant....both of you

watched extras on DVDs. now to get enough time span to watch as want to watch in evening. but go to bed early and am so busy most days.