~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Misa

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Misa » Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 pm

Enjoyed my personal days, but paying for them today. :lol: Monday was gorgeous, around 70°F. Spent the day with mom, my brother and his girlfriend. Unfortunately, my allergies have been kicking my rear since. And Tuesday, a good part of the day was planting flowers, herbs, and trying for goodness sake to get some plants in the ground that might actually live on our back bank - lots of sedum and a couple of creeping Jenny vines. At this point, it's a grand experiment to see what will take hold. My lower back and leg muscles are screaming at me to get in shape before we do that again. :lol:

Got some little suncatchers for my babes to paint for Mothers Day; I was a little hesitant to do a craft for the holiday since I have a couple of cases where I'm close as they get for mom, but I'm going to frame it as a gift they can make for someone special in their families. My sweet babes - several were concerned I came back from a long weekend sounding worse than I left last week due to my cough and scratchy throat. One told me he was going to ask his gramma if I should be drinking bone broth to help. Hard to believe we are down to 2 weeks with the students at this point.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am

Clicks are in! :O3

If memory serves Gerry...your spring adonis is of the buttercup family. Beauteous yellow flowers! Always feels great when you can get a great deal...like the onions. I use the crock pot a lot during the summer and put it on the deck. I am having a couple of friends for dinner on Monday (they are coming up from the coast) and going to put meaty shortribs in the crock pot and then on the bbq. And making your cherry cheesecake again. Astrid asked for your recipe and she is making it for her family this weekend. So looking forward to it again!!! Total YUM!

I love sedum Misa! Planted many when I lived on the coast. Also did a lot more gardening there than I do up here in the bush. I planted a sour cherry tree a few years ago and love the cinnamon flavour of the fruit...makes great jams and pies. Hope you are feeling better soon!! Could not hurt to give the bone broth a try.

Have today off (meaning I don't have to get into a vehicle ...oh yeah!)...and then tomorrow off to a to take Dave (friend) to have a yag (false cataract) taken off his eye. I have to have the same thing done on my left eye after the last surgery. Hopefully I won't get one in the other eye when I have the next surgery on Wednesday.

Make a beauteous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu May 09, 2019 12:39 pm

empty nest is lessons and social usually some food or treat someone brings.

made shepherds pie only used mushroom soup, celery salt, garlic & pepper. so yummy 😋

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 am

Thanks Judy for the info! Oh my word...I have not made shepherd's pie in a very very long time. I am going to make it for DH to eat while I am away having eye surgery next week. He will love it. Thank you again!

Off to Williams Lake to take my friend Dave to have the yag (false cataract) removed and to do some shopping for things I can not get here. Going to be a long day.

Wishing you an awesome day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri May 10, 2019 10:33 am

I too was wondering what Empty Nest was, good to see you enjoying the many activities you are involved in Judy.

Great idea with the suncatchers Misa, I think mothers appreciate and look forward to the Mothers Day school projects be it a card or a handmade gift. I still have daughter's rock from our valley home made back in grade three, a pen holder which I treasure and use as a bookend. Just a while back she was surprised that I still had it along with son's wood carving. As to your bank if you are able to mow that bank of yours and have friends able to share hardy daylilies, they are great at holding down a bank and are very forgiving. Hand cleaning a bank in fall too hard on the back!

I had to look up Yag Patti, thinking that was what the laser surgery for the film that developed after each of my cataract surgeries likely was. If not have to hope for a no on a Yag as I am so done with any future eye issues!

I guessed a thousand dogs over at Freekibble and had to take time to check the photos, glad I did as I just could not begin to imagine them looking so happy. Clicks were in early this morning. Not sure what the weather holds for the day but the plan is another garden day for me. Happy Weekend.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat May 11, 2019 9:29 am

I too have a yag in the operative eye. It is so bothersome and my eye is blurry. Funny...the other eye is better seeing! And sure that one will develop in the other. That I why I wanted to take Dave to find out what the removal was like. He said it was a piece of cake. You rest your chin on the machine cup and they snap (sound) the laser around the eye and is painless. He said it only took a couple of minutes. The blurriness in that eye lasted 3 hours...and he said his vision was improved. I will be having that procedure done later this year.

Still have not picked up tomato plants or herbs for the garden yet. Hopefully soon. Heading outside this morning for the first mow of the season. Gads the grass grows quickly at this time of year.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Guessing that is what I had Patti, both developed shortly after the cataract surgery. The only surprise I had was getting up to leave before the half hour sit time and whoo the biggest floaters ever like balloon size sat me right back down. Made for dizzy! The second time I waited and while plenty of floaters they were small. The last two surgeries both requiring stitches I don't want to think to and hope I never have to repeat! My cataract surgeries were one of the best decisions I ever made.

Really chilly here this morning but a morning call made my day, one of my farms sees the barley in two days ago and yesterdays soft gentle rain saw to half an inch I was told. How good is that! Now have to hope for Malting, our canola may be on hold but come summer cold ones sell!

Leaving shortly for another mother daughter garden day in the city, first on the agenda is bags and bags of triple mix to top the garden boxes. Fortunately, my brother is bringing out two super huge bags of Sunshine potting soil from Peavy Mart. Needs someone stronger than Cathy or I and a dolly to get them to the garden. Then plant time in the nurseries for the two of us and a nice lunch along the way.
Clicks are in. Happy Weekend!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat May 11, 2019 12:48 pm

gardens are wonderful. glad you're able to have one gerry.

glad to hear of what to do , and what happens when I will get cataract surgery. hopefully since i am in beginning stage a long way off.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun May 12, 2019 9:23 am

@};- @};- @};- Happy Mother's Day @};- @};- @};-

I am sure you had a glorious day with your DD Gerry! Wishing you a very happy day with your family! :-)

Judy...the surgery itself was interesting (at least for me). All I could see during the operation was swirling colours. And I just kept calm and watched the colours and it was over quickly. It was after the surgery that the yag (false cataract) formed. And this does not happen for everyone. I sure hope it does not happen in the other eye this Wednesday. Will have the yag lazered off after this eye is healed.

Have a blessed day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun May 12, 2019 10:49 am

[*]happy ☺ mothers dayrides

thank you for the information😃

oops didnt work