~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:35 am

Clicks are in! :O3

You know Judy...there are times I wish my life was a wee bit simpler!! Living in a smaller outdoor area would be great. It would so much easier not having to take 3 days of mowing/shoveling to get it done. LOL!

Oh yes...Nana Mouskouri...just love her voice and music. I first heard of her back in the late 70's. Her music was always part of Christmas for us. Sadly I do not have any of her music now. But miss it. Christmas of 1981 my 3 daughters sang a French song of hers for our family after dinner. Brought tears to my Mom's eyes...her last Christmas.

Hope you were able to get your x-rays done Gerry! Got all my see through Christmas bins out yesterday. Now...to have some time to get at them...lol. Heading out today to help a friend with wood and to vacuum his home as he has 2 cracked ribs.

Enjoy this beauteous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:09 pm

my brother gave me an advent calender. every day a piece of chocolate. would give to a child if one nearby that i knew. oh well chocolate 🍫is good . just not in mood to enjoy.. maybe when start baking I'll get into the spirit of the season.

hope gerry finds a working clinic machine.it's nice to have everything done ✔

reading the mansion by vandyke & the Christmas Carol to boost morale.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:40 pm

Hello ladies,

Been busy this week with spirit week; our homecoming is on Monday. So lots of dress up days and mayhem. :lol: Today I got out and about with my dear friend. She is on the mend from a rough case of pneumonia. We managed to get the last table at a tea room for lunch - the restaurant was pretty much booked for parties. It had the most wonderful squash soup! So now we are on the hunt for a similar recipe - I'm almost 99% sure it had pepper jack cheese in it. Our tea rooms here in the south aren't necessarily places for formal teas with nibbles. Most serve soups, salads, sandwiches, casseroles, quiches, and depending on the area, a traditional meat and three veg and usually only open for lunch. And the tea comes in a glass; most have a signature fruit juice spiked tea along with regular tea and soda available. Pineapple is a prevalent fruit tea in the middle and east TN areas, me living the east. We also went on a Christmas tour of an area historic home turned museum; of course, I came home with a cookbook from there. I'm a sucker for church/area group produced cookbooks. We also stopped at a farm stand and enjoyed some of their homemade ice cream - maple bacon! As you can tell, we like to eat on our adventures.

Clickity-click.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:20 am

Good Sunday morning.

Clicks in

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:42 am

Oh Judy...sure hope your spirits lift soon! Maybe like you said...once you start baking and giving those baked goodies to others...you will feel the Christmas wonder fill your heart! (((Hugs)))

I too am going through angst and it is a difficult thing to overcome. This is the first year we will have no family for Christmas and my heart is aching. But I have to remember...it was our decision to move so far away.

Gosh Misa...I would love to tag along on your adventures!! Love eating my way though interesting places and always with a heart friend! Lots of laughs and in good spirits. You deserve such a wonderful day...with what you have had on your plate recently!! Good on you! :-)

Wishing you a happy and joyous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:46 am

area conference today leaving soon.as we want to go early so can sit up close as less noisy.

i love cookbooks also. your tea sounds great 👍

pattie have you only lived where you are for 1 year? it seems like we've been on this site longer.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:35 am

Hope you enjoyed the conference Judy! We have lived up here for 25 years and we have always had family for Christmas...this is the first year that family will not be here.

It has be snowing very lightly for two days now. We are sitting at -2C (28.4F)...not too cold so far. Supposed to drop more later this week.

Make your day memorable! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:57 pm

made sour cream raisen cookies 🍪 for a friend. she loves so buys ingredients and I make but she only asks once a year.

inspections for 12 apartments. a few months repreave till others are inspected but dont know who so everyone has to be ready.

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Went through the upcoming events with my kids for the next two weeks, and I don't know about my students, but I'm exhausted already just looking at it all. Homecoming went well. The brother of one of my students was crowned as the junior king, so we were all happy about that.

Ordered a fancy glass button and beaded pattern; waiting for it to arrive to color match and make out a order for some beads. Hubby wanted to make sure I had a project lined up and materials here in time so I could make jewelry while I was on break. He's a keeper.

Snow is in the forecast overnight, but small amounts. But small amounts is all we need to wreck havoc here. I can't say I would mind school starting an hour or two late tomorrow, but probably not going to happen. Probably just enough of a dusting to ramp my babies up. :lol:

Clicks in.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:24 am

Sour cream raisin cookies sound delish Judy! How good of you to bake for her...I am sure she appreciates your kindness.

You are one busy lady Misa! Sounds like me...always have something on the go. lol The jewelery sounds beautiful! Have you decided what you are going to make for your class?

Bought 200 more lights and big balls for the cherry tree in the front yard. Hopefully we will get it finished before the weekend.

Have a glorious day! :-)