~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Gerry » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:55 am

So sorry to hear about the smoke Judy, hopefully they get them under control which is difficult to do. Still a chill in the air sun is out and forecast is promising. It will be off with the quilts and blankets then to a good watering and hopefully a long fall and no frost any tme soon.

Circumstances see our lunch postponed to next week. Friend is allergic to mushrooms but tells me her sister subs dishes with cream of broccoli or cream of celery, have love!y yellow and green zucchini so will be making your awesome zucchini au gratin Patti. Will do two trying one of each, enjoy for supper and make up in my mini white oval casseroles, pop in the freezer to find just how freezer friendly. Hoping!!
Clicks are in. Wishing everyone a happy day.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:01 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Judy...talked to a friend in Kelowna and she said the smoke there was bad. And then called my daughter on the coast...and they have no smoke there at all. So it must be coming up the eastern corridor. Hope it gets better really soon!! Try and keep cool!

Gerry...I am quite sure that any of the other creamed soups you mentioned would work just fine...just a wee bit of difference in taste. Please let me know how it works out for you. We are having sunny warm days...just like September here should be. Morning temps are single digits but by afternoon it has been around 27C (80.6F).

Off to mow again this morning. Grass is finally starting to slow down its growing which is nice. Gives me more time for other chores that need to be done before winter.

Wear a beauteous smile today! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:43 pm

there is smoke couille an bandon coos countr and also waldport lincoln county. all on coast it is most places as governor has declare d state of emergency so most stores other than essential are closed

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:35 am

Judy, my niece added photos on fb this morning, the smoke from the fires has drafted across the border into Victoria Island, have to hope for rain. Yesterday afternoon smoke kept me indoors, has me coughing and needing my inhaler. Not sure just what was burning but suspect someone was doing the after harvest burn, this day and age one would think it would not be allowed.

Looks like rain so not likely be the outdoor day I planned. Sun is trying to shine. Maybe a baking for the freezer day ... Last week peaches on sale for 4.99 for a small box, thought sounds good. Guessing with remote ordering whoever took my order saw it filled by someone else. Found myself with a case! Its no secret that I do one lot of cooking it was likely thought that was what I ordered! Beautiful peaches decided to both enjoy and share as well as get to some of our fav desserts. As always peach pie an awesome recipe by Patti was a big hit, going to do a number of Almost Apple Pie using peaches for the freezer and likely another peach pie to share. If the sun comes out it will be garden time both picking, planting and clean up. Ahhh 2020, the garden remains the one constant,
Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:13 am

Things are still a bit rough at work, but I am surviving.

My fall courses are so much easier than my summer class was, so that is taking a little edge off the stress I'm having.

I've been to my grandparents' house to get a few personal belongings they have stored for me. I also have gotten a few cookbooks from my grandmother's collection. Looking through them has been bittersweet. I also have her pressure canner; I need to see about getting it checked by an extension agent for safety.

I can't believe it's almost halfway through September! I am looking forward to apples coming in. My dear friend mentioned it was time to for her to start squirreling away things for Christmas. Normally, I am not fond at all of the commercial Christmas creep getting earlier and earlier each year, but this year, I say bring it on. I missed having it last year when we were all sick, and this year has just been a depressing time, so I'm ready for holiday joy and cheer. Now if the weather would start acting like it's fall, I'd be almost a happy girl. :lol:

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:56 am

Judy...I have to amend what I said to you about no smoke. Daughter on the coast told me yesterday that it has indeed hit the coast. AND...my friend here who as asthma is coughing...although we don't see the smoke...she is very very sensitive to it. So I guess it is just a matter of time before it hits here.

Gerry...I have made your yummy Almost Apple Pie...and I will be making it with peaches soon I hope. YUM! With the never ending outdoor work...we need to soothe the soul with pie every now and then! :lol: I hope your coughing has subsided with your inhaler!

Misa...always so good to have you here! You are one busy lady...do you have any time for your beading? You know what they say...all work.... Happy to hear your stress is lessening and you are looking forward to the holidays! Hope you and your family are all well and happy!

Keep shining! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:29 am

Clicks in.

Oh yes, I have been a very dull girl recently, but I'm forcibly carving time out for me now. Self-care is extremely important to my sanity.

Not much time for beading lately, but I did manage to do some much smaller projects than I usually work on recently. I've made a couple of pair of earrings and a pendant that I need to hunt a ribbon for. I am on a waiting list for another loom for beading. I have 2 currently, but one is too small and while doable on the large one, one of the projects I have materials for would be so much easier on the third size I'm waiting for.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:35 am

Misa...I had a giggles about your beading looms! I feel that way about my spinning wheels. I started with one...have ended up with four (so far). And they all work in different ways for what I need. At least that is what I tell myself. :lol:

Yesterday afternoon I looked up at the sun and it was red. We are getting the smoke from Washington, Oregon and California. We have a weather advisory here at the lake. The smoke has not come down to the tree line yet.

Make an amazing day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:22 pm

hopefully the smoke won't late much longer but since there are fires nearby that probably won't happen.
misa i remember when my SIL had me help her make jewelry it was fun

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 am

Clicks are in :O3

It was a wee bit hazy yesterday from the smoke but I could not smell it. And we can still see the mountains across the lake. Hope you are getting some relief Judy!

Laugh heartily today! :-)