~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:03 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Now I can ask you Judy...how was the dinner? So I guess Spring has come to Oregon! How lovely! Are any of the trees blooming...flowers springing up yet?

Oh Misa...it seems like a lot of things crop up with either the school or the children. The good thing is that you get to spend some time with your Mom! Take care.

Because I have been up to Astrid's every other day to chop/haul/stack and feed the pellet stove...I have been taking one day on the weekend just for myself. I am so enjoying that time.

When we put the pooches out last night at 11pm...it was snowing. So this morning everything has a fresh cover. The temp is -0.3C (31.6F)...not so cold.

Have an awesome weekend! :D

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:27 am

dinner was nice. my name called on gift give away if arrived before start. i won
2 shamrock dish towels
container of green rice crispy treats

painted a rock yesterday, two white bears in a forest. enjoyed. felt accomplished something.

two different kind of trees blooming. 1 yellow the other pink

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 am

Wow Judy! Sounds like you had an awesome time at the dinner...congratulations on your win! The painting of the bears/forest sounds beauteous!! Happy that you have hobby that you enjoy! I love the first fresh colours of Spring. On the coast it would start with forsythia and Japanese Cherry trees. That was our first taste of Spring along with crocus & hyacinth etc.

Wishing you an amazing day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:14 am

I am sure Astrid is thankful to have a friend as thoughtful as you are, good to hear you have designated a 'you day' Patti, enjoy! An appointment that went well, supper, a win and painting sounds like you had a great week Judy. Hope you enjoy well deserved weekend time Misa.

We saw to some melting the last few days, yesterday afternoon has one think to spring but this morning dull, no melting with a fog warning. Been a busy week. Herbs and a few perennials are up and growing, planted a few varieties of tomatoes from my long ago trialing days in the country, will be watching and hoping they are still viable. Getting far easier to tend the plants in the garage, will be great to see them back in a permanent setting. Clicks in early this morning. Have a wonderful weekend.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 am

new alert a boil water til may. water run off brought sediment into lake and there may be bacterial growth. oh me oh my a hassle have to use boil water for dishes & even toothbrush.besides food & water.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:44 am

You must be in your glory Gerry getting to your plants etc. Ah...the wonder of Spring! If you had your seeds either in the fridge or freezer...they should still be viable. Good luck!

Oh Judy...know from experience how time consuming and annoying boiling water can be. And for you to have to do it until May...oh my! Makes work more work!! Not fun. I can just imagine hydro bills over the next 6 weeks or so for everyone. When we got our water (when we lived at Mahood Lake) it came from a creek and every Spring we had to boil so that the Giardia was killed off as we did not want to get diarrhea, stomach cramps, gas, bloating, nausea, and fatigue. That is worse than having to boil water... :lol: Experience talking.

Have a beauteous day! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Clicks in. Where did the weekend go?

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:24 pm

it is a beautiful sunny 🌞 day. probably in the 70s or upper 60s, in the 30s at night. wish didn't have to boil water but there is still good in the world 🌎. winter lake is draining. they dug a trench to encourage that. i like birds 🐦 having a place of rest, but they want meadow land for the cows.

busy, busy new testament class this afternoon.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Yesterday saw to a mother daughter day, a city shop and a lovely lunch. Menu looked so good we debated on what to order, went with two that were awesome. As good as it was we barely made a dent and had to ask for carry out boxes. Mine made for last nights meal, lunch today and enough for tonights evening meal. The vegetables were so extra good I picked up bok choy for us to share.

Peavy Mart saw to seed starter, potting soil and bird seed a few more stops saw to a few groceries and pet supplies. Daughter lucked out and found some great summer tops me nada but did find some cozy socks! While still slushy and chilly the sun was shining and we called it our Spring Fling. Doesn't take much to make me happy! Quiet day today saw the clicks go in early this morning. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Library holds came in so off to enjoy!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:53 am

We all sound so up beat..must be Spring fever! 8-)

The snow is receding quickly here. Still lots on the fields and grass but the driveway is clearing. Now comes the mud!

Have a wonderous day! :-)