~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:17 pm

my microwave had a lot of rust in it so was in danger of causing a fire. It seems nice.

not sure if will be able to continue posting replies. message on kindle permanently banned from this cite on kindle. dont use lap top often. contacted powers that be. don't know why.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:44 pm

updated kindle and now 👌ok

Misa

Post by Misa » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Oh yay! I'm glad to hear you have everything straightened out on your Kindle.

Our winter is not so wintery, which makes me sad. We are supposed to be back in the 70sF early next week!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am

oh such a short winter for you. hope your summer isn't correspondingly hoter than average..

it is suppose to be in 30's night 🌙 time. maybe ill be able to defrost freezer if its cold but not raining ☔its needed.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:03 pm

These past weeks starting with pre Christmas get togethers and family home has been wonderful. It was somewhat dampened by three members with that dreaded flu/virus/bug which I still thankfully haven't caught. The last of family had one head home Wednesday afternoon and the other on a flight back on Wednesday evening.

Got the tree down and boxed yesterday, today on the last load of bedding and towels. In between I have taken time to watch the weekend curling 'The Continental Cup' This year the Europeans are way ahead. I have been feeling cold so used my electric cuddle blanket and enjoyed a mug of hot chocolate made with that awesome Toronto Soma Chocolate.

I am so happy to hear you got a new micro wave Judy, while I do one lot of stove top cooking I wouldn't want to be without mine. Love when I get up a container of soup or mini meal size casseroles from freezer, pop it into the micro wave on the 'frozen entree' and lunch or evening meal at the tip of my fingers! Not only will you be safer with your new model Judy you will find how much they have improved over the years! Missa it was good to hear you had some mom and daughter time, always enjoy hearing about your outings.

It has been quite the year, I plan to take a few weeks of slow down before I start any major projects. Plan is to get in some extra reading, find a few new recipes and generally a few activities I enjoy. Meanwhile hope Patti is improving, one family member got that flu way back and took two months to shake it. Hope we will soon have our Patti back. Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Misa

Post by Misa » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:10 pm

Gerry, I'm so glad to hear from you! I am hoping we have a late start to our cold season, but nothing remotely cold in the next 10 day forecast. I adore hot chocolate and blankets! I hope you avoid getting sick because this has been the worst, and I'm worried about Patti. I'm still not 100%, but I am at least alright to work. I had 5 kids out of my classroom today. I hope to have more stories this weekend, as mom and I are getting out again tomorrow. I think we're making up for what we missed doing over my break.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 am

hot chocolate does sound nice.

sorry there has been so much flue going around. hope I don't catch it.

I do like 👍 my new microwave.

my SIL is trying out my essentrics DVD to see if it will help her with her back pains. it so helped mine. it is amazing you feel better as soon as you finish exercises.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:25 pm

Touch warmer but one lot of snow, by the time I cleared all the walkways the rest of the afternoon has been curling and reading. Yesterday I had a surprise visit from my brother who knowing some mean temps are being predicted brought out and set up a battery operated indoor/outdoor thermometer with large print so at a glance I know what the temperature is out there! Tomorrow picking up a backup heater to assure my plants don't freeze. I have to hope I get all those plants to their permanent homes come spring so no more lugging water! I try to keep extra containers filled for the blustery days of which there are many!

I was sure you would love your new microwave Judy. As like Misa I have an over the stove one but after the last two shoulder surgeries it has not seen to much use other than when company comes. What does see a lot of use is the one I picked up and at counter level so much easier on the shoulders. I think my favourite feature on that on is the 'frozen entree' and does better baked potatoes than any I have used.

Hoping Patti is on the mend and everyone feeling well. To a great week. Clicking daily.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 am

not much to say as weather pretty temperate here though seems rainy season has overtaken us. at least it is only a few months winter & spring. how devistating it would be if it was all year.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:11 pm

Hoping Patti is on the mend and Misa back to 100 percent. So are you seeing to rainy days Judy? That would make for indoor time. Definitely indoor weather here, have the heat cranked up. It's really cold which saw me add the electric blanket to the heated mattress pad for a warm and cozy bed' Yes cold, from my local weather "TOP STORY Limit time outdoors! DANGEROUS wind chill, among coldest on Earth, for parts of the Prairies this week" Was hoping we would miss that. The power went off early this morning which is really scary when it's so cold Happy that is was only for a short time but with these kind of temps has me wonder if a generator would be a good investment! Clicks are all in.