~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:05 pm

a friend is going to make a mask for me and i have to share incase it will help someone.
in place of elastic loops that go around ears. to each corner sew shoe laces. tie top around head. its not perfect but claustrophobic person or kid cwith ADD could leave bottom open or tie loosely.

im not claustrophobic but have larger head than normal so elastic loops are hard to use as they keep popping off head

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:54 am

Clicks are in! :O3

It is really nice of your friend to make a mask for you that fits Judy! You will be much for comfortable for sure.

Off to town tomorrow...oh joy! Not! It used to be an enjoyable time...not so much anymore. I get done what I need and then scoot home.

So yesterday...we had sun, cloud, rain and repeat...all day long. Fun times!

Wishing you a wonderous day! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:21 am

Morning ladies - hope all is well. Waiting to do online supplemental insurance conference for work. We are required to do it online this year. Still busy working through my summer semester assignments.

Judy, I feel for you and the masks - my whole family has had trouble with the elastic not long enough to fit us properly on the masks people have made. My mom has been cutting them off and resewing in longer loops for us.

Going to trek out with my best friend with masks in hand tomorrow. Driving out to a bead store to pick up an order being held for me, and planning on popping into a Fresh Market grocery store while there - I suppose they are a bit like Whole Foods but much smaller. I haven't been to this location, so eager to see how it is.

Clicks in.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:48 am

yes i am so blessed to have so many people willing and eager to help.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:29 am

Good morning from the prairies, weather here remains a mixed bag extreme heat to downright chilly, hail along with extreme weather watch for hail and tornadeos. No surprise that the hanging baskets, pottted peppers and flowers remain safely under the gazebo. Well somewhat safe, as I have had one lot of hail damage. When it comes to hail and high winds nothing is really safe. Anyone remembering my last which was almost a two year nightmare can understand I was so not ready, but this time around I am prepared and also I know what not to do! Awaiting the adjuster. Another that was not on the agenda.

Today 116 days, have not been to out to any public buildings, eveything done remotely with doorstep grocery delivery. We had the new Coop open and hear it is awesome, I really miss picking out my own groceries. I have always carefully washed all my produce but as time consuming is all gets wiped. This panademic has made one aware just how many hands have touched products, I wonder how many of us will ever put anything in our fridges and pantries without wiping them down!

I have added time with distancing with close family, first outting was son's birthday bbq on July 4th. Am still amazed with all that can be done with distancing from doctors appointments, land sale, legal, and about to have daughter pick up a new Ford Escape to replace my 2010 today. I will miss the one we bought together but plans to stay here one best be prepared for our harsh driving conditions. Last evening it got downright chilly with a cold wind, much the same this morning. Will be to the garden as soon as the sun decides to shine and warm things up. Wishing everyone a great day!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 am

doing laundry. yesterday finally got around to organising refrigerator, much more room.

oops alarm going off must head up to laundry room.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:37 am

Happy to hear that you are doing well Misa! Hope you had a good time at the bead store! :-)

Glad you have a good support system Judy! We all need that in our lives right now!

Oh Gerry...I can so relate to your weather issues. We had a bad storm last week that produced ball lightning...scary stuff. And the hail took most of the blossoms/fruit of the sour cherry tree...but the goosesberries are having a bumper crop. So will be making jam when they are ready. Glad you have had some family time!!! :-)

Not going to town today as the weather is so nasty and don't feel like battling it while I do the recycling, shopping and packing it all. I know I am getting to be a wimp...but...

Make a happy joyous day! :-)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:44 am

Wishing you a tremendously wonderful day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:15 pm

its sunny 🌞 outside.i changed the hummingbird feeder. the nectar left out for them thickened and they wouldn't eat it. i know the cause but there is no plsce out of sun all day..

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:44 am

We had a sunny/cloudy day yesterday...no rain! And none predicted for today. That can be an issue with the feeders in the sun. So I guess you need to change it almost every day if the temps are high. We have ours where the sun does not touch it...but if it is really hot outside for long periods...we find it turns to alcohol...so we have been very vigilant in keeping the nectar fresh. Otherwise they fly drunk! Not a good thing.

Off to town this morning...ugh! At least it is going to be a rainless day...I hope!

Have an awesome day! :-)