~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:54 pm

Pattie so good to hear 👂 from you. hope you're stronger soon. so sorry you didnt have a Christmas. its sad to be ill over the Christmas holidays.

misa hope your better soon. glad you were looking out for the kitty.
Last edited by muffinlady on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Thanks Judy! I will be making your Zucchini Garden Soup in the next few days as I did not get to make it before I fell ill. Yum!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:04 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Off to town this morning to see the doctor and finally get some fresh veggies/fruit etc. if the prices are not through the roof. Last time I was in...Brussels sprouts were $5 a pound!!!

Make a beauteous noise today! :-)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:16 am

Have a terrific day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:27 am

missed you so glad your well enough to post.

yesterday grocery shopping. received a lot of clothes as friends daughter no longer works. I'll have to go through them as too many for my small closet. off to coos bay later have appointment , just med check nothing wrong.

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Busy past few days. Saturday and Sunday spent with my hubby. He bought me an early Valentines present - an Instant Pot that looks like R2-D2 from Star Wars. What a sweetie!
Monday was a trip to the dentist and errands with mom. There was no school due to it being Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the US.

My friend Lynn’s father succumbed to his cancer last night. I arranged a sub for Lynn today, but the lady didn’t show up. :( School secretary is working on getting subs for the rest of the week. I will be going to receiving of friends Friday after work.

Patti, I’m so glad to see you back. *hugs*

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:13 am

Thank you Judy & Misa! Good to be back for sure!

Hope you trip to Coos Bay was good Judy! Always good to get out and about! :-)

Oh Misa...I am so sorry to hear about Lynn's father!! Prayers still continuing for the family. I too got a 6qt Instant Pot for Christmas but still have not opened it. It is kind of daunting...never used anything but a Crock Pot (and obviously a stove/oven). And with all the bells and whistles...can this old brain handle it???!!! :lol: Guess I will start with the manual and find out. Hope you are well!

Enjoy this amazing day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:45 am

misa, sad, did he die? so hard to miss him so long a time til see him again in next life.

dont have an insta pot. no room to store if did.

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:58 pm

Lynn's dad died late Monday night. His cancer had spread to his lungs, hindering his breathing. He went quickly once the decision to cut off everything but oxygen and pain meds was made, thankfully. This afternoon, I got some work together for her classes to work on tomorrow and Friday so she wouldn't stress out over school.

I'm perusing recipes to try out the Instant Pot. I have another electric pressure cooker - an off-brand, but it's been a hassle the few times I've used it, and the last time my hubby used it, it gave error codes. The Instant Pot is much more user friendly just looking at the directions and me taking the pieces apart and reassembling. I need to run the water test tomorrow to make sure it works. We have the same size IPs! So I hope to maybe give it a maiden voyage this weekend if I can settle on a recipe.

Judy, even though my kitchen is spacious, I have very little counter space and cabinets are a bit of a joke - most of it is just empty space. I have exactly one drawer in my kitchen cabinets, and I've had to buy a pantry unit and a rolling cart to create storage space in the kitchen. I have a storage rack in the garage for small appliances and cast iron pieces that aren't used as often. I hate going out to get stuff off of it because it's a squeeze around the hubby's vehicle to get anything off of it. Sometimes I miss our first apartment's tiny galley kitchen - it had a pantry closet at the end that was surprisingly spacious and well laid out with shelving.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:19 am

I have a small kitchen too and have a rolling cart with a stainless top and 2 cupboards on either side with 2 open shelves in the middle. I have a kitchen aid on there and still don't know where to store the Instant Pot. When I was in town yesterday...went to the library and got out three books. One is a 'how to book' for the Instant Pot written by a Canadian man from Montreal. He is hilarious...making a mundane subject fun. I hope your water test goes well...please let me know. Good luck Misa! :-)

Going to get some of my things organized in my spinning room today...will be fun. All the heavy moving is done and now it is play time.

Choose Joy! :-)