~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Gerry » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:40 pm

I hope you got to visit your family Judy, family time makes the holiday so special. Misa, I am so sorry that you have been ill over your holiday break and missed family time. I suspect being in the school system sees to one lot of bugs floating around, as dd was also looking forward to her week off and barely managed Christmas. Picked up both the respiratory as well as stomach bug going through the school. The rest of us seem fine.

Along with the mini pre-Christmas suppers we had our traditional Christma Eve, Christmas day brunch/lunch and the main holiday meal late afternoon. Two grans home from Ontario, and family get togethers daily. Yesterday my brother and family out for the day. With the pre-planning makes for less time in the kitchen and more family time. Been enjoying!

Finally thanks to my gran I am back to my computer and today he will be replacing my hard drive with a far better one and setting it up. Great to have a large screen and large print once again. With not having one lot of computer time with the tablet I am wondering what I missed. Noting it's been some time since hearing from Patti, am hoping she is off visiting her family and all is well her way.
Wishing you a wonderful day.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:58 am

had a lovely Christmas with family. finely setlg down. left meds home so had to go to emergency to get new supply. luckily getting meds when just renewed ok'd by insurance. otherwise would have to drive 🚗 5 hours to get meds as too expencive to buy on own.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:50 am

just checking . as seen no activity on cite in a few days

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:06 pm

I am still enjoying family home for the holidays, been a really great Christmas and New Years.

Good to hear you were able to fill your prescription and have it okayed and now settled back home Judy. I am hoping Misa is feeling better. With not hearing from Patti, knowing she had picked up a flu bug way back on the 16th of December I placed a call hoping her dh could pass along a message, he did even better he passed the phone to her. I was so sorry to hear how ill she has been especially when the hospital is over an hour away and they have had storms. She is still very weak and likely not be on for a couple of weeks. Sending healing prayers her way.
Been clicking daily.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:41 am

so sorry to hear that Pattie has been ill. misa also hope you are well. will have to pray for them. seems the flu has been everywhere. rain threatens every once in a while otherwise all is well. it sounds as though pattie is more secluded than I knew.

been clicking. glad freetheocean.com is now available to click.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:34 pm

Hello ladies. I'm very saddened to hear how sick Patti is. I am finally approaching somewhat normal, although I'm not 100%. Teachers reported back to school yesterday, and I was asked by several people if I was feeling okay because I didn't look well. I'm curious to how many kids I will be missing when students come back Monday - flu and RSV are absolutely rampant down here.

Today mom and I got out to ramble; I had really missed that over my break/sickness, as we usually go out several times when I'm off for a stretch like that. We drove up to the Tri-Cities and visited several antique stores. I'm very tickled as I found the Southern Living 1979 Annual Recipe cookbook. I have been looking for sometime for it since it was the first of the series and the year I was born. :) I find tons of the ones from the 80s and 90s, but this was the first time I have seen this edition. Some of my favorite recipes have came from that magazine. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants very hungrily this afternoon after we have both not been eating much lately.

Lots of rain in this new year. I'm afraid we are just going to be wet and muddy but little snow this winter. It's not been very cold here. I'd welcome a good cold snap or two to help with this sickness spreading.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:33 am

misa glad you're better. wish you were up looking well as that must mean you're not up to top performance yet. it sucks when your ill. haven't had flue shot yet. is it needed this late in season? had to be well and since planed to go with friend and she hasn't gone yet time just flew.

clicking daily even when did not sign in as time didn't allow.

Misa

Post by Misa » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Clicks in - hope everyone is chugging along.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:02 pm

bought new microwave. its in friends car till tomorrow. it was dark and late. didnt want to impose too much on her generosity. it won't hurt to wait another day.

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm

Oh nice! I need to eventually break down and replace our microwave, too. It's an over the stove model, and the panel over the exhaust is held on precariously with tape. A bit tired trying to get back into routine and having to work later yesterday and today.

I sure hope your new microwave is what you were looking for. :)