~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:59 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Yes Judy...just like our wee family here! :-)

So happy to hear that your Grandfather is back home! Will continue to keep him and your family in my prayers. And I hope your personal time will be just that!

So the deer is all done and now in a day or two...I go back to their home and butcher down a lamb. Thank goodness the anatomy is much the same and they are smaller. :lol:

Wishing you a wonderous day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:55 am

Happy to hear your grandfather is back home Misa, keeping you and your family in both thought and prayer that the recovery time goes well. An icecream social sounds good Judy, I too am happy to hear young people becoming involved in the community. You have been an absolute whirl wind Patti, with all the activities and as always lending a helping hand did you manage to put the finishing touches to your spinning room? You motivated me into revamping my lower level study which now sees it with both books and extra greenery. The big pots of umbrella plants along with the plant stand is very welcome now that winter has set in here in Saskatchewan. Yesterday I set up the winter feeding stations for the birds keeping it within shovelling distance!

Loving warm and sunny, cold and blustery not so much I have set aside evenings for reading and now that I finally got to using the netflix I only watched when the grans were here some good movies and series. Speaking of series last night I checked out Grace and Frankie Patti. I may have to add an afternoon break this aft!
Wishing everyone a great week!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:43 pm

being picked up soon. temple Thursday so will be late or maybe not till Friday

Misa

Post by Misa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:09 pm

Slept a lot this weekend in a bid for self-care. Must have worked a little, because my fellow second grade teacher said I looked more rested than I had in a long time this morning - but that was all shot by lunch. No admins in the building for the next few days - which means I won't get feedback on my evaluation for awhile, on top of other issues. *sigh* So frustrated. 10 more days until I take a personal day. Three more weeks until our Thanksgiving break.

Hubby was sweet and took down our Halloween decorations today. The family diagonal from us is ready for Christmas already! I'm going to try to enjoy Thanksgiving without jumping the gun too much. I say too much as my personal day is going to view Christmas decorations, but that's not at my own residence. LOL

Question for my Canadian friends, does it seem a rush for Christmas up there now that Halloween is over? Our Thanksgiving is in late November but every year, big retail seems to push Christmas out sooner and frankly almost skipping the holiday. Some stores already had displays for Christmas in early October!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:27 am

Gerry...the spinning room is moving forward...just a wee bit slow for me. The carpet is down and baseboards are mitred. Hopefully will get that done by the weekend and then I can start moving my wheels etc in. Still have to wash/paint the cubbyhole. I did not mention this as it is a wee bit weird and macabre (but that is me lol)...I buried the deer head in the field (covered the horns with tin foil) and will leave it for a year. The reason...I will dig it up and and clean it and give it to my quirky daughter to hang on the wall.

Misa...after Halloween...the stores start the Christmas deco. Over the years it has gotten earlier than it was when I was growing up. But as we all know it is all about the almighty dollar...and everyone wants their piece of it. Happy to hear that you got some well deserved rest and it showed even for a wee bit. I bet you are looking forward to being with family this Thanksgiving. Keep well!

Off to make WhatamIgonnaeatnext?'s Irish Tea Brack...I soaked the golden raisins and currants in Irish tea last night and it has absorbed all of it.

Have a glorious day! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Patti, I think it will be an interesting gift! Will she keep it plain or decorate it before hanging, I wonder. I think any gift that is so personal between two people is wonderful and thoughtful. But this is deer hunting country here - no skulls, but our assistant principal's office has several taxidermied heads. In middle school, one of my science teachers had a mounted deer butt over her board. :lol:

That bread sounds quite interesting - please tell us how it tastes!

Another rough day at work, but trying to leave it there as much as I can.

Friends coming over for game night tomorrow, so I'm trying to prep ahead a bit for dinner. Trying out a baked ziti recipe. Plus leftovers will serve to feed the hubs on Thursday since I'll be stuck doing ballgame duty. I won't be home until quite late. Take care, dear ladies. Keep clicking.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:33 am

Misa...love the hanging deer butt...right up my alley! :lol: The flavour of the Barmbrack is lovely...not sweet. Had a wee bit of problem with the ratio of flour to liquid...it was crumbly...so added water to smooth it out so that it would rise when baking. Hope you have a wonderful dinner with your friends tonight! :D

Wishing a very happy day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:43 pm

guess teachers put in a lot of extra effort. going on how much a friend was saying teachers aids put in guess both get stressed out.

going to temple tomorrow. may not have time to post. going to medford is 11-12 hour trip

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:47 am

Hope your trip went well and you are not too tired Judy! That is a long day for anyone.

Have a memorable day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Is the 11 - 12 hour trip a round trip or one there and back Judy? Either way that is one lot of travel miles! With the weekend approaching I hope you take time for more rest and self care Misa, I suspect you often bring your work home with you, easy to understand when you know your children need help. You have to remember to fill the glasses one must keep the pitcher topped as well.

Haven't yet made arrangements for snow, Yesterday the plan was to just clear to the garage but got carried away doing it all as well as the sidewalk. My back is not all that happy so will see to the lighter of the fall clean and simmer a pot of soup which will be that awesome Mennonite Chicken soup of yours Patti. Now that you have it posted I must get to a review! Wishing eveyone a good day.