~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Misa

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Misa » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 pm

I am not ready for Halloween, not completely anyway. We have most of our outdoor decorations out - purple lights across the front of the house, orange lights around the door, inflatable Snoopy on a pumpkin in the yard, witch wreath on the door, and a light up blow mold ghost beside the door. The blow mold was bought when I was little, and mom gave it to me proper a couple of years ago. We have two pumpkins waiting to be carved. I do not have candy yet though! Was waiting to check the weather models to gauge how much to buy - last week they were saying possibly snow! I am also waiting on a bead order to arrive to hopefully make a necklace for Halloween.

The town is starting to brace itself for this weekend, and I’m not sure it is fully prepared! This weekend we are hosting a hot air balloon festival - the first in what is hoping to become an annual event. Our tiny town with no hotels, one red light, is now expecting around 20k people to descend on our area. :shock: I supposed our small town is ideal since it is rural, but we are very close to a medium sized town and an hour-ish from a large city and a little under that from the Smokies. I am hoping to see some beautiful views.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:58 am

Clicks are in! :O3

We don't do anything for Halloween. As we live in the bush...no children. But I do catch one or two scary movies.

Your Halloween decorations Misa sound awesome! Sure hope you hot air balloon festival will be a success!! Will be a boon for your wee town if it is! Will you be going up the in the balloon? I am not fond of heights and have never done it...and don't plan on doing it...ever! :lol:

Create a memorably happy day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:59 am

bought the smallest bag of candy i bought 10 pieces plenty for me. should have bought large bars 2 or 3 as in 15 years all i the kids that made it was 2 one year they dont go up hill on a dark road with housing far between each other. the reason i didn't is I'd eat them if i bought something I liked

misa think I'd enjoy your decorations also. an annual hot air festival sounds like fun. though i agree with Pattie. i dont like heights either. dont like looking down when on roof of high buildings.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:53 am

I know what you mean Judy! When we lived in suburbia...what ever was left over from Halloween candy etc...went into my mouth. Not a good thing...but sooo good. :mrgreen:

Making my fruitcakes this morning...and hopefully will get them soaked and wrapped by tonight. With my schedule...I am a couple of weeks late. I usually have them done before our Thanksgiving.

Have an amazing day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:35 am

yum 😋 fruitcake.! my mom was always on the hunt for the best recipe .

doing laundry. Thursday is my day for laundry. there are so many living in apartment must go early to grab a machine before its used.

its rather nippy this morning. it will be winter soon.

Misa

Post by Misa » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Oh goodness, I'll be just watching the hot air balloons from the ground. I am terrified of heights myself. I had worked up the courage to try a tethered ride which was basically an elevator trip, straight up 30 feet and back down, with the balloon tied down, but the tickets sold out for those rides by then. Maybe next year.

Starting to get cold at night, which makes me so happy! Evenings have been beautiful for walking this past week.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:11 am

Yep...fall is in the air! We have been having strong winds, rain and close to 0C (32F) temps. I always loved walking through the dry leaves in the fall.

Off to Salmon Arm this morning for a weekend of spinning. It is a long trip...about 6 hours...most of it highway.

Keep happy! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:56 am

Wishing you safe travel time and another happy weekend of away time Patti, looking to hear all about it when you get back. Must go through my cookbook of recipes collected over the years and make a couple of Christmas loaves. Have noted some pages are seeing to fading ink, another winter project comes to mind.

I must think to picking up Halloween treats, hubby enjoyed the 'trick or treaters' and always bought a generous supply - okay way too much! Initally one could expect hundred or so as it takes in the rural area as well. These past years with safety in mind sees to halloween parties and movies at the hall and fewer at the door. Love that most who do come to the door are accompanied by parents or older sibblings.

Without doubt winter is almost upon us here in Saskatchewan, have a few more pots to get to the garage and bit of needed tidy to do, hope to find a few sunny afternoons to get to them. Curling season got off to a start yesterday, where did asummer go!

Hot air balloons sound like fun but like the rest of you no heights for me either! Wishing everyone a great weekend!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:43 pm

don't get many trick or treaters 0-2

glad to know I am not alone in disliking looking down from heights.I thought I was unusual.

I've lowered curtain rod to let in more light. the kitchen was dark as a dungeon. it feels better now.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:50 am

You know Gerry...moving away from the city...that is one thing I miss...seeing the wee ones in their costumes and talking with them. I used to get dressed up too so when opening the door, they would be surprised. Fun times!

I would have lowered the rod too Judy...love a bright airy kitchen. Hope you are keeping well.

The "Destination Spa B&B"...accommodations are wonderful. However is it run by Nurse Ratched and feel like we are living in the gulag! And so many many rules to follow. Thank goodness one more day. On the bright side...we are spending the day spinning and not coming back until after dark.

Keep a smile upon your beauteous faces! :-)