~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:48 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Hope you had a good sleep Misa! Wishing all will go well for you at the doctors. I have to phone to the chiropractor today in Williams Lake to see what their mandate is for their business. Have not heard if they have any cases there yet. We don't here. But it only takes one person.

Made a venision stew yesterday in the Instant Pot...turned out amazing. I am getting more comfortable with using it.

And Chico is resting in my lap...no monitoring from him today! LOL!

Have a terrific day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:03 pm

have appointment in coos bay this afternoon. will be off to that in a few hours.

cicking away. feel for animals and shelters closing. but not sure if i can do anything about it just now.

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:15 pm

Oh the irony - the day I can sleep in late, I was up early. But in all fairness, I did go to sleep earlier than usual last night.

The robins and blue jays have had a field day plucking worms after yesterday's rain on my back bank. The cats have been entertained by their antics.

Glad to hear you are feeling more comfortable with the IP - I plan on using it in the next night or two for dinner. I'm going to try the pot-in-pot method to cook rice along with the chicken thighs. I keep eyeballing the small bundt pans for the Instant Pots - I'm wondering if I can convert my favorite bundt cake recipe :?: Hubby is not quite the lemon fan I am, so I rarely make it, but a smaller size would be something that would happen more often.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Been a week, had a family member ill in isolation for three days until tests came back. Thankfully negative but made for a long three days for all of us. Along with that losing 2 family pets makes for missing and a heavy heart. I was very attached to them had no idea I had that many tears left. ‘Boy’ the brother to my attached at the hip Chihuahua Allie and Patches the sibling to MY Girl aka Miss Kitty.

The Corona virus has hit Saskatchewan with most cases in Regina but also outlying regions. Here too schools in the process of closing. Libraries are closed as are many other public buildings. Having lived in the country I have always been sufficiently stocked up as well as buying when items are on sale I could have managed but both Cathy and I were low on pet food and pet supplies to get through an extended time. Small dog food only 2 bags in Zoie and Allie ‘s brand and only two for Miss Kitty and Fluffy. Added to what we had we are good for some time.

Knowing our Coop delivers Wednesday, surprised to find I was low on a number of condiments I placed an order, decided to add a few extras. Good I have sufficient on hand as bread, eggs, canned tomatoes flour and such were not available. As suggested for seniors I am self isolating. I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

On a plus I did what I do this time of the year, prep and cook for freezer meals to have at the ready when coming in from my garden. Another large pot of my Chicken Curry yesterday, next is both regular Chili and the vegetarian Chili. It assures I use my green peppers. I always use Hellmans but had Miracle Whip on hand for my gran which allowed me to get to Patti’s Kelly O’Bryan’s Emerald Isle Dressing which I will be enjoying for supper.
Keeping everyone in thought. Take care and be safe. I have been clicking.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:16 am

Clicks are in!

Hope all went well for you in Coos Bay Judy! :-) I agree... it is so sad and unfortunate that shelters have to close. I don't understand why...because the virus is not communicable from humans to dogs.

Oh life sucks rocks sometimes...doesn't it Misa. I have experienced that to. Oh to see the spring birds...will not see ours here until maybe April. Still under a ton of snow and cooler temps at night.

Prayers continuing Gerry! My heart goes out to you and your family! :YMHUG: I am heading into town at 6am this morning to get stocked up on dog food for the 5 pooches and do some shopping and then it will be staying home for a long time. But do have to get to the chiro in Wms Lake next Wednesday if they still don't have any cases. My daughter works at Save-On Foods in the E-com dept...and she has been told that they are closing it for a week. That means no home delivery or pick up. The store will remain open though.

Take care dear ones! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:12 pm

its mad how empty stores are becoming. walmart completely out of bread, all paper products and most lunch meats and canned complete meals like chili & spaghetti people are going crazy. saw a lady with 7-8 packages of hot dogs amongst a cart filling up. others have carts full to the brim.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:05 am

Clicks are in! :O3

This mass hysteria is so far over the top!!! The two grocery stores we have in town have opened an hour early every day just for seniors (great idea). However... the shelves are bare of all paper products, veggies and there is no beef to be seen...some chicken and a wee bit of pork and no fresh fish. Unless one has a well stalked larder how long can anyone last like this? It is frightening. Did all I could yesterday and now we are self quarantining.

Sure hope you were able to get what you needed Judy! This has to be difficult for you. But...we will survive this!

Have an upbeat day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:17 am

got most what i needed. have surplus now but hope it is enough as didnt, and don't have the money 💰 to buy huge amounts the majority were purchasing.

Misa

Post by Misa » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Hubby had to go in on his night off last night. He is running on empty. (He is the night stock manager for our local grocery store.) He's put in a lot of overtime this week.

There was a press conference today at lunch - the county I work in is closed through April 10th now. I'm beginning to doubt we will be back in before the scheduled school year finishes.

More rain and drear. I suppose I'll be putting in a bead order to keep my hands busy. I mean, there's plenty around the house that could be done, but not necessarily stuff I want to do. :lol:

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Having lived in the country we knew to keep a well stocked freezer and pantry as well as buying items on sale and still do. Last week going through the recommended food list we did an extra early Sunday shop that we thought our last. Amazing no pastas, rice and yes no paper products. Took two stores to get the cans of beans used for both cooking and bean salads. We stayed away from both Superstore and Walmart.

A day in the the kitchen soon noted I was low on mustard, ketchup and a number of things I would need. Called for the Wednesday Delivery - no eggs, bread, flour and rice and more. With the news as it was last night it was decided to chance one more shop at our local store, truck came in supplies see much missing only managed 1 carton of eggs, no sugar, vinegar, flour, bread, carrots, parsnips and other vegetables, all I managed was some sweet potatoes. I am all good and declared no more shops for Cathy and as of today I am self isolating.

Seeing as onions do not keep well this time of the year along with short shelf life of peppers and such I made up Patti's awesome Mexican Soup, today super huge pot of Chili and Taco filling all ready for the freezer stash. As you see I am going with the positive but also being realistic, as I see it it is going to be one lot worse before it gets better. My heart is heavy for all especially our young, so hard to believe we are living this Stephen King Nightmare. I have never been bored in my life so know I will keep occupied all the while praying for the world. I have asked all my family to keep in close touch. Been clicking. Praying you all take care, and stay safe.