~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:59 pm

i was given aat Christmas one i am working on. it is a bell inscribed with god all things are possible.

Diamond painting you have
sticky paper with pictures assigned different letters which are assigned letters of different colors
to this you attach different coloured beads

it is cooler today in 40s

went to safeway to pick up some hotdogs. busy people had full carts buying in a panic. i guess this panic is alover USA

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:04 am

Clicks are in! :O3

What is up with mass hysteria about toilet paper?????!!!!! The virus has not come up here yet...and all of our stores are out of it!!! So glad I live in the bush and keep a good larder of everything. This is crazy stupid! Everyone is in flux! God help us!

Hope things settle for you and your husband soon Misa! I can't even imagine what it is like for the working people and children. Scary stuff!

On a lighter note...I googled the diamond painting Judy and the photos are so pretty. Glad you are enjoying doing it.

Temp this morning...-22C (-7.6F). We should be in Spring breakup by now.

Have a happy day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:35 am

same here no toilet 🚽paper except at $ store. people dont look there.

going to a friend's place for church ⛪ services as regular church cancelled for undisclosed time.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:39 am

I've been checking Facebook in case there are any updates about our school situation, but frankly I'll just rely on finding out from compatriots. It is exhausting seeing almost everything single thing is about covid-19. I am working on my rough grocery list for later. Poor hubs went in 5 hours early last night and came home a bit later than usual. I hope he doesn't get called in on this day off - he's beat.

I have managed to make myself sit down and get a little bit of beading in last night. I've been so keyed up and stressed, I've had the desire but not the will to enjoy it lately. Last night was finishing up a wrap bracelet made with dyed silk ribbon and beaded components. I have another ribbon that will get the same treatment in the near future hopefully.

Zelda, the younger cat, is stretched across my lap, watching through the window as I type. She made sure my clicks are in for the day.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:58 am

Oh Judy...this is the first I have heard about Church closures! But I do understand. Our whole world society has changed so much so quickly with the spread of the virus. I do not ever watch news...that for me would be way to stressful but I do hear from people what is going on.

I find too Misa...that doing something you love takes the edge off the stress. Been spinning and knitting more lately. I bet your bracelets are gorgeous! Hope your DH got some good rest! Chico was and is on my lap when I clicked this morning. Love having any or all of pooches on me. Secretly...I would love to wear them in a moby wrap. LOL!

Make an exciting day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:26 pm

supposedly having a cat or dog 🐕 helps alleviate stress. I guess you both reap the benefits when they are touching you 🐈🐕 . I have a stuffed lamb 🐑 i received when purchased my serta mattress a couple of months ago. but my lamb has no measureable stress relief properties.

Misa

Post by Misa » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Hello ladies. Stressful day - school has been called out for the rest of the month, as directed by the state governor. I've been in meetings, prepping 2 weeks of work to go home, and on the phone with parents all day. We will be open the next 2 days until 7 pm for parents to come by and pick up work. We will also be providing to go meals (breakfast and lunch) for students for the duration of the closure, but the logistics keep changing. So I will probably not be around much the next couple of days. I hope this slows the spread of the virus. My grandfather just turned 90 on Sunday and as I've spoken, mom has an auto-immune disorder - I just can't afford to bring it home to them.

I fully believe in pets being stress relief. When I saw the cats waiting for me to open the door this evening, I know I felt happier. I'll take all the happy I can get right now!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:59 am

You may not have a live pet Judy...but cuddling your stuffed lamb will bring comfort. My sister has many stuffed animals that she sleeps with as she can not have a pet where she is living now and she is in her 60's.

You sure have your hands full Misa! Prayers that your family will stay safe from the virus! Sure hope you keep up your rest and nutrition to see you through this tough time. Bless you dear one!

Create a marvellous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:41 am

as of yet no mandates that you have to shelter in place.good as ive not bought out massive food supplies.two weeks at a time and I've almost eaten that. though i have things i could eat. but booring. my brother has alpha 1 trypson deficiency. causing him to be susceptible to lung illnesses. is this what your parents have?

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:06 pm

My mom has Lupus, which goes after several organs like lungs and kidneys, and it took years of testing to get the diagnosis because hers acted more like multiple sclerosis. My grandfather is diabetic on top of being aged, which is an extremely high risk group for this virus.

Most of our business at school was finished up today and my principal told me to stay home tomorrow - he would take care of what I had left. I am looking forward to sleeping in a bit, as Thursday I have to be up early to head out to my endocrinologist appointment. I am curious to see how busy the office is with all that is going on - they service many diabetic patients along with thyroid patients such as myself - as in they see close to 200 people a day!

I'm glad you mention nutrition as I have eaten horribly lately. Today didn't help since we couldn't really leave the building, so it was pizza we ordered and donuts someone brought. I have some good stuff planned to cook this week now that I'm off to try to get back on track.

Jynx is doing her due diligence, monitoring my clicks this evening.