~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:35 am

never seen flavored oils here. not as up to date as the east.

how are you able to do spinning at a farmer's market?

Misa

Post by Misa » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Major sinus headache today. Seasonal allergies are here whether or not our weather feels like fall! Still in the upper 90sF. Hubby and I are going to try to hit up some home improvement stores after I get home from work tomorrow to find a clamp that we might be able to use for a little repair work on my cabinet. I'm itching to get in there and put my pretties on display.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Judy...The Farmer's Market is an outdoor/indoor setting. We are spinning indoors on a stage...makes for great people/dog watching! And of course everytime a pooch stops by...I get up and go meet them and love on them. No surprise there!
We have spun there several times this summer. And next Friday we are weaving there. It is always lots of fun!!

Nothing can make you feel awful than a sinus headache Misa! Hope you have something that will alleviate it! Our weather is definitely fall...cold and rainy. Last night was the first fire we put on in the house since before Spring. Felt really good!

Treat yourselves to something that makes you happy! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:15 am

Pattie it sounds as though you and the dogs would enjoy the outing.

misa hope you get over allergies soon. any headache would be unwelcome

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Amazing how weather can change so drastically from year to year, last year was our driest in 130 years and now here we are well into September and September rains continue. So looking forward to sun and drying to get to the harvest and back to the garden. With the tomatoes ripening thinking to making a tomato bisque and a fresh tomato 'salsa' for the weekend.

Being an indoor day yesterday found myself doing an unplanned lower kitchen cupboard clean, love the oak cabinets that came with the house, the useless space at the back not so much. Once down there I pulled everything out and was absolutely ruthless. I put a new dishpan in the bottom corner so nothing can get pushed into that unreachable space and a fair sized lazy susan from the Dollar store on the upper shelf which makes it within reach. The essentials in place should make life so much easier. It definitely fell well into and way over my daily 'move ten extra items on my to do list'

Great to hear that everyone has weekend plans, plan here is a city mother daughter day and enjoy whatever comes my way. Clicks are in.
Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:54 am

Our weather is the same Gerry. In the thirty years I have been up here...I have never seen a year with this much rain! Not complaining as it is far better than fires.

Good on you Gerry...getting all that done in the kitchen!! I have the basement all gleaned but will need a second purge during the winter. I have clothes from my sister who passed and that is very difficult to part with heart things. So leaving that for the second purge.

Family arrives today and our dirt road is a disaster of pot holes. Not too bad for me as I know how to work the road and have 8ply tires...but for a car...it will be challenging. Hope they phone before getting out of cell service.

Wishing you bright and happy day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Early morning while chilly I thought promising but not for long, once again very cloudy and looking like more rain, more promising is the forecast of 80 to 85 degrees for the next few days. Hopefully after weeks of rain. May be cloudy and dismal out there but a major perk, a beautiful oriole among the pole beans I suspect searching for the orange tray that was out there this spring and early summer. Will have to get on that!

So thinking of you Patti as your family arrives today, going to be one happy household! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I was so sorry to hear of Missa's flair up and hope it is now much better. Have been having those kind of moments too, what I have not mentioned is weeks and weeks an ear issue that started with a crawly often intensely itching ear was not being caused by wax but as I thought but infection behind the eardrum which has started to bulge as well as in the ear canal. Would that I had gone much sooner, started the zithomax five day along with antibiotic/steroid drops which I must say are very soothing. Hope next Friday's appointment sees it all cleared and gone.

Still being so chilly think we will put off our city day until tomorrow seeing as we are being promised a sunny day! Clicks are in. Enjoy the weekend. :)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:04 pm

love homegrown tomatoes. sorry about your ear problems and patties but sounds as though she is over it finally. ear problems are something you dont want.

hopefully missa is better

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:42 am

I'm getting there. :) Still having some minor issues, but the pain has stepped back immensely. Gerry, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and glad you you have gotten treatment to help!

Had a great time with my friends yesterday. We got lots of walking, browsing, and eating in. :lol: One of the ladies declared it a day of successful retail therapy. There was lots of people to watch - many were dressed in college colors for the game; many had dogs, as right outside the farmers market, there are a lot of restaurants with patio-pet friendly dining. My favorite was probably the gangly black and white great dane puppy - my goodness he was sizeable but still not grown into his paws. We stopped in at an ice cream parlor that a local dairy set up - it was absolutely darling. All the girls that worked there wore red and white gingham dresses and wore make-up like the 50s. One friend bought lavender ice cream drizzled with honey.

Off to get in some walking with the hubby and some lunch later.

Clicks in.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:08 am

Oh Gerry...one thing after another for you these days. The zithromax works really well so you should be well on your way to feeling better soon. Ear issues are not fun as you already know.

Misa...your day with your friends sounds delightful! Fun times to hold in memory! Hope your school children are doing well!

Family arrived safely! Due to their friend having family issues...they are leaving a day early (tomorrow). We are so enjoying having them here. It is quite interesting having a 3 yr old in the house.

Have a restful Sunday! :-)