~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:28 am

Pattie you're chia is so cute. named him yet?

love Gerry s back yard.

thanks for the pictures everyone. love them!

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:56 pm

We still have a few trees that are starting to bud out. Redbuds, apple, weeping cherry trees are in full bloom, whereas dogwoods are close behind. Azaleas and phlox are colorful splashes on banks and near houses throughout the area. Still early for many flowers, but early tulips are up. I’m off to a slow start with nothing planned at my house yet. I’m going to start asking at plant nurseries for suggestions for ground cover on our back bank - full sun, rocky red clay.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:39 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Yes Judy...we are keeping his given name...Chico. Looking forward to this morning. After Nyah's check up at the Vet's for her bladder...we are going to meet Tess and introduce the two chi's. Will let you know how this goes.

Robins have not shown here as of today. Still too cold overnight for them. Hopefully by the end of April...we will see the hummingbirds back too!

Ah...the cacophony of Spring colours would be so delightful right about now. We are still living in shades of gray and white. Even the grass that is showing is not greening up yet. Oh...and I forgot the brown of our gumbo. I usually start carrot tops in late winter to get some green in the house. But been so busy this year...did not get around to doing it.

Must run...need to be out the door in half an hour.

Have a terrific day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:04 pm

I wintered my large pots of geranium starts from my brother in the garage, doing a bit of a tidy in the back yard I happened to look to the garage window. They are a wow and look awesome, they have been blooming all winter and look so healthy, so much so I think I may keep them there as they sure make a statement in what would otherwise be just another window!

Couple more robins in the evergreens, these are younger ones possibly from last seasons babies. I hope they nest in the back as the front is very bothered by crackles. Not at all warm here, soon I hope.

Looking forward to hearing more from Chico. I am guessing Judy should be seeing spring bloom and plenty of green, Having read of that red clay I feel for you Misa, we had a lot of plain old clay in my valley garden, took years of amending! Here much better but I really wouldn't want to know just how many bags and bags of soil and peat moss that I have hucked into this garden! Clicks in early this morning.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:36 pm

yes trees, magnolia and pink trees and forsythia plenty of rain the pineapple express jusyt blew threw a couple days ago. a deluge of rain from Hawaii. i thought it was needed but guess not.guess reservoir filled to overflow.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:01 am

Nyah's vet visit was inconclusive yet again. He did another urine pull and it was still full of red blood cells and was cloudy. The last time he did an overnight culture she was on antibiotics and the suspected bacteria did not grow. So this time...she has been off the meds for two weeks...and he is doing another culture and will call later today and give me the results. If it does NOT grow bacteria...it means that there is a mass in her bladder that has to be removed surgically. Yikes!

Nyah ignored Chico all the time I was there to pick him up. And not too friendly this morning. But the boys were curious and gentle with him. So I am sure with time things will change with Nyah.

Gerry...I still have not placed my seed order from Westcoast seeds! Hopefully soon. All this conversation about gardening is getting me in the mood! :lol: Still snow here on the ground and overnight temps are hanging at 0C (32F) and below. And up here we can not plant until overnight temps are 10C (50F) or above.

I love the colours of Spring! We had the rain too...but it came in the form of snow...lasted all day. Judy...the reservoirs may not need it but the earth sure does to keep it moist to help the forest against fires. I will never complain about rain EVER again...given what happened up here for the last two years. If I could...I would have it rain every night over summer until the threat of fires is gone.

Wishing you a tremendous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 am

yesterday went to ladies relief society activity.

made PTS rock it helps those with PTSD

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Been thinking of Nyah all day, hoping all goes well for her, it's so hard when our little ones are not well as they can't tell us how they are feeling. Hopefully Nyah and Chico become close, I know my Allie loves to cuddle but Zoey has to be persuaded but Allie and Cathy's chihuahua snuggle all the time. I think it's because they like to be warm! Happy to hear you are getting out Judy. Wishing everyone a great weekend. Extra good vibes and prayers going out to little Nyah. Clicking as always.

PS refresh me Pattie, if memory serves your boys are much bigger than Nyah?

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:01 am

What a great idea Judy!! Serves double duty...helps people with PTSD and gets you out and doing for others...win win!

Yes Gerry...Gus and Charlie are bichon's with Charlie being the smaller. They are so laid back with change. Nyah on the other hand is not. She is tolerating him with a few growls every now and then...and an occasional confrontation that I put an end to really quickly. Nothing bad...more posturing and noise. I am going to leash them and take them on a walk together everyday to see if that helps. It is a joy to have him here!!

The vet did not call yesterday as promised...and I am not happy. In three visits I have coughed up $646 and we are no further ahead. They are open today and will be placing a call to see if he is in...if not...then I am going to ask them to pull her file and read to me what the culture says...and what he wrote about it all.

Have a fabulous day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:42 am

Stopped by hoping to hear how Nyah's culture went, did the last culture not take two days or is this one not the same? All in all hoping it goes well. Yes have to love Bichons, absolute little teddy bears!

When I sent off for the two packs of tomatoes I ordered the Jade green beans we love. Having started fresh with all my vegetable seeds last year and never got to check what I had. DD and I heading to the city today and hoping to find time at a seed rack or two for a few not available here in town.

I am still taking time here and there getting our family recipes together for Easter over at Pot Luck which at this point the menus remain undecided until I know when and how many! It will save so much time to have holiday recipes a click away ont only this year but in the coming years. I keep hoping members will join in, almost feels like I am writing a blog! Think I will definitely make the turkey that is in the freezer as it adds to both the soup and meal freezer stash when I get busy in the garden. Nothing like soup or a hot turkey sandwich in minutes when I come in too tired to cook! Clicks in. Wishing everyone a great weekend! :)