~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:52 am

Clicks are in! :O3

I wish I could post a photo Judy! But my camera packed it in a while back and I have have not replaced it yet. The skeins are stunningly beauteous.

Off to town today...and tomorrow skinning and butchering a deer that a friend of mine got. I love doing all of it. And he said we could have half. Looking forward to having the backstrap (tenderloin). mmmmmm!

Have an awesome day! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Deer jerky! I love deer jerky.

Afraid not much has improved on my end. Grandfather was released Monday, only to end up back in the ER again last night. Had an evaluation at work today, and my kids weren't great - have to wait until next week for feedback. One of my dearest friends at school is dealing with her dad undergoing very complex cancer treatment due to complications. So tired, mentally and physically right now. I'm trying to keep my chin up - because things could be worse, although it's hard to think of that. Have had a couple of relatively speaking, decent behavior (for them) days from my 2 roughest customers this week, at least. I just dread the rest of the week with parties, dances, and sugar highs. I usually enjoy the holidays so, but I am exhausted and can't seem to find the joy right now. This too will pass.

Take care friends - I hope to have better news soon.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:17 pm

seems as though there's an epidemic of people with cancer. in small group of those know there are 4 people with cancer.

i love jerky too are you making some?

ready for Halloween?

ice cream 🍦 social tonight then tomorrow dr. appointment and SIL coming I do love her she is so thoughtful and more like a sister.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:52 am

That is a great idea Misa! I have never made deer jerky. What a rough and exhausting time you are having!!! Hope your Grandfather will get better soon! Will keep him and you in my daily prayers for sure. Know that all these trials are temporary and your joy will return!! Keep smiling! :-)

How was your ice cream social last night Judy? And happy to hear that your SIL is coming! You will have a wonderful time with her!

Keep strong and positive today! (~~)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:06 am

the youth were incharge they did a pretty good job except they didnt advertise, very few people in ward came.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:07 am

the youth were incharge they did a pretty good job except they didnt advertise, very few people in ward came.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:35 am

Good to see the young people involved in community Judy! They will learn all that is needed as they go along.

Going back to finish up the butchering today. Was there 5 1/2 hours yesterday...but today should be shorter...I got half of the deer done and today the other half.

Have a wonderful day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:32 am

yes they will learn you learn most from your mistakes.

my such a long time. to butcher a deer. if double time includes the other half it would be 11 hours.

Misa

Post by Misa » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Made it through the week. I'm letting myself get excited for my personal day in a couple of weeks finally - but lots of hurdles between now and then - but at least Halloween and the day after are in the books. One of my sweet families from last year made a detour to come get candy at my house on Halloween. It did my heart good; I miss them since they are at a different school this year.

My grandfather is back home, but things are tough for mom. I greatly appreciate the prayers.

The cold weather finally came in on Halloween and I am loving it!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:09 am

families are all important. both blood and friendship