~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Misa

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Misa » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 pm

Dry and hot! It has been scorching the past couple of weeks. Taking a break from working on my college coursework to click and check in, and planning out a grocery run for tomorrow. I'm going to stick the hubby outside on the grill for chicken to have on hand for easy suppers the next few days, and I am going to prep up veggies for salads. I personally love salad, but the hubby isn't quite the fan of veggies I am, so I was particularly shocked when he said he wanted salad stuff on hand. I will take full advantage.

I made sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot to go with steaks the other night - goodness, they came out great and I didn't have to heat up the oven in this scorching summer weather. Definitely trying to become more comfortable with using my IP so that I take advantage of it more. But after making hard boiled eggs in it, I am becoming quite the fan. For the first time, I had hard boiled eggs that were actually easy to peel and I didn't mangle the whites of!

Take care, sweet friends.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:57 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Good to hear you and DH are doing well despite the hot weather! We do the same thing Misa...BBQ protein and salad during the hot weather. Between the crock pot and the IP...my kitchen stays a lot cooler.

Create happiness! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:30 am

A quick hi, weather here remains unstable, a major pour down yesterday afternoon made for a 'what was that' moment. Rained off and on during the night making for a later start to the outdoor day.

Unfortunatly numbers are picking up here in Saskatchewan, travel and large crowds are seeing the numbers go up. Just as I was hoping to see us continue to do well.

Been quite the summer so far, really chilly nights and mornings almost needing to turn on the heat, then super hot! Had someone out for the hail and wind damage and surely will hear soon as to coverage. More weather ia expected this week. Hope it settles down - soon. Been clicking. Wishing everyone a happy summer day.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:48 pm

you both so enjoy your IP. too much on counter already can't put one more thing on small counter.

the weather hasn't been too hot yet.

our numbers have been picking up too.

when it gets hot i don't want meat or casseroles with meat.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:56 am

I am like you Judy...when it is hot...I don't eat meat or anything heavy on the stomach. DH doesn't mind at all what he eats.

We had another big thunderstorm last evening and predictions at the same for today and tomorrow. So I understand Gerry the wacky summer weather.

Have a peaceful calm day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:20 pm

its cool this morning, but should reach low 70s by afternoon.

working on a small puzzle. got tired of diamond 💎 painting.yesterday ordered a matterous
pad hope it makes bed softer. bought new one but didn't compare to others. i will learn!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:56 am

Judy...Did you put the mattress pad on your bed...and if you did...how did you sleep? Sure hope it was well!

Lots of thunder/wind/rain again yesterday. And as of this writing...it is still raining. Thank goodness I god quite a bit of mowing done yesterday between storms.

Create a beauteous day! :-)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:56 am

Smile lots!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:55 pm

I have not received the mattress pad yet.. hopefully next week.I

it is supposed to be hot 🔥 sunday and Monday.

went to coos bay this morning and not back home till afternoon.

haven't been sleeping 😴. reaction to pills . but took second melatonin and finally got back to sleep. I'll try that tonight to. know i will wake up.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:21 am

Hopefully you will be sleeping better once you get the mattress pad Judy! Nothing worse than not being able to stay asleep. Some of my family take melatonin with great results. My GS and I took it once and it worked the opposite way and we did not get a wink of sleep.

Weather here too is supposed to be sunny and warm over the weekend. So far this morning it is cold and cloudy. Oi! Burnt off the cook stove this morning as it was like icy green mountains in here when I got up.

Have a wonderful weekend! :-)