~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Gerry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:34 am

Renewing prescriptions yesterday my joint issues and my limited med options came up. Years back one of my physiotherapists aware of my gardening activities suggested when seeing a new doctor or physiotherapist I take a photo or two of my garden so they know how active I was, as for the most part the only exercise many that retire get is clicking the remote" Seeing the photos my doctor asked if I did all my own housework as well. A number of times she said "I don't know how you are doing it" Here I was not all that happy at not being able to get up and down and lift like I did I was amazed to hear that! Made my day! Daughter said "I told you so”

No surprise to hear my inflammation levels had to be very high and had me do blood work. Had no idea they could test for that. She did say she would be calling with the results. Came home to a very hot gardening day, was 34 Celsius out there, I love warm and sunny but it was so close and humid … but where is that rain! Not here.

So hot yesterday and yet early this morning I was almost tempted to turn on the heat. Snow is predicted for the prairies on the weekend, hopefully that misses us! It’s June yet I and others are still planting the garden and have so many plants to set out. Off to make my Breakfast Smoothie, Doctor mentioned that they now make glucosamine in powder form so will be checking out the health food store next time I am in.
Clicks in. Wishing everyone a great Tuesday!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:48 am

Clicks are in! :O3

DH appointment went really well...she is very happy with the progress but he needs to go back in this coming Monday again for one last treatment! The swelling and redness have gone down significantly.

Gerry...I saved your Parsley Pesto and thought my family would love it. Do you use Italian or curly parsley? My guess is the Italian. Happy that you too indulge a wee bit too much too! :lol: I think all of here do that once in a while. For me it is fiber.

Were you doing your shopping in Coos Bay Judy? Hope the weather was lovely for your trip.

Hope your dental appointment went well Misa and you are out of discomfort and back beading! :-)

Wow Gerry...you beat me in posting this morning... :lol: I just looked at the time...and I am late this morning. :shock:

Have a wonderous day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:24 am

I always do my clicks super early and then usually come back later. Today I was earlier in the posting. With stepping up the outdoor activities sees me up and needing to do stretches before the crack of dawn these past weeks. I had also planned an early start in the garden but it's really chilly out there, yet predicting another hot day. Has me wonder if it hailed somewhere.

We use the curly parsley for that pesto and one can add extra basil if they wish Patti, but guessing a bit of the Italian would add even more zing. After adding the Pesto I love to top it off with halved cherry or chopped tomato chunks. As for tomatoes I finally checked the label on the two dollar 4 pack of great tasting of Beefsteak tomatoes I have been picking up at Giant Tiger. Canada! Must be greenhouse but they sure are flavourful. And at an awesome price!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:48 am

yes shopping at Coos Bay it is half hour away but closest store. big stores over an hour away

as no lawn, tredmill is closest thing to exercise I get other than dvd i bought of exercises.

sounds as though your pesto is a hit with Pattie or will be.

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Well, I have an exciting month of going back and forth for multiple appointments. *sigh* I go back in 2 weeks for a root canal. 2 more weeks and I get a crown put in. I'm just very thankful this happened in the summer when I'm available to just go to appointments without having to book a sub. Fortunately my inservice training days are around each appointment so no conflicts to be worried about. I'm not in a lot of pain other than occasional dull ache on that side of my head at the moment - hoping it stays at that level.

Lunch with my friends has been bumped to breakfast on Friday before I go back for more blood work. I thought summer was a time to rest and get better, not fall apart! :lol: The bead store there has the color I need, so I'll be picking that up after I get stuck with needles of the medical variety. Off to run errands with the hubby. Clicks in.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:44 am

so glad your able to get your teeth worked on in peace. you time is so important. breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. think this morning I will make french toast.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Thanks for the heads up about the parsley Gerry! And what a tremendous buy on the tomatoes!! It is wonderful to get a score once in a while. I get a full flat of crimini mushrooms for $5.00 if I go to the back of the produce dept and ask if they have any mushrooms they can not sell. They are always perfect! Then I come home and clean, slice and lay on parchment paper lined sheet and freeze overnight and then bag. Works perfectly.

I am happy that you have a coarse of action for your dental work Misa! None of this is any fun. But you will be happy when it is all over! I hear you about restful summers. I feel like that concerning retirement!! :lol: I have never been so busy! Enjoy your breakfast with your friends! Have fun! :-)

French Toast...mmmmm! Hope you enjoyed Judy! Have a bite for me.

Have a fantastic day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 am

Speaking of pesto Patti, with the chilly morning yesterday did the major fridge clean early this week, at the end of a long day knowing there was extra spaghetti just needing time in the microwave and enough pesto to top it along with salad makings was like going out for supper!

This morning is nice and warm and no wind as we have had for the past few days should make for a great garden day. I am still planting and that's the lastest ever, but remember hearing way back when that one of the ladies in the area always planted her garden on the 6th of June with great results. Hoping! About ready to head back out and wanting French Toast Judy! Maybe for lunch!

Dental work can take one lot of time Misa, so good that it didn't happen during the school year! Wishing everyone a wonderful summer day!

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:50 am

Clicks in. It's a calm morning here. Just finished feeding the sourdough starter and watching it rain with one of the cats. Have a great day.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:26 am

So have you had any updates on your families arrival Patti? Good to hear Jacob is doing well.

Early in the week I made your Bean Salad Judy, years of cooking heart smart for dh I use less sugar in most of my recipes so other than a touch less sugar I made as posted. It is great to have a salad ready to go when I come in from the garden. Yesterday had onion and some red and yellow peppers that needed using, chopped them in, the dressing works so well! I am enjoying.

Invited to a combined anniversary and birthday supper tonight which I am looking forward to. We have been close friends since our girls started school. Wonder if I will get the last traces of the black spray paint gone. Would that one day I garden like a lady!

Been up since shortly after four, with the heat and the wind have the water going. It's after seven, the puppies just got up so has me wondering if we are going to see a change in the weather and see rain which we so need. Clicks in and about to head out and get a start on my outdoor day. Wishing everyone a happy Thursday.