~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:33 am

blueberry picking today. oops my rides called and will be here shortly

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:45 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Hope you have a great time blueberry picking Judy! Love having them in the freezer over winter.

Your weather Gerry sounds like ours with the exception of the tornadoes. We have
sun/cloud this morning and no overnight rain for a change. Hopefully a drying trend will be in our future.

Hopefully will get to more house purging/dump today. If not...then I will take full advantage of having a restful day. Tomorrow of to Kamloops to have the yag taken off my eye.

Have a great one! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Clicks in - trying to mentally map out my week. I have an early appointment in the morning to get my crown put on. And at some point I need to go get my drivers license renewed, as my birthday is Saturday and the last day for it being valid. I would have already done it, but trying to find all the paperwork required for the new upgraded license that will be required to fly on a plane and get into certain government buildings. It became a state law on the 1st. But I've never flown commercially, so not a necessity in my life at the moment, but if something were to come up, it would save headache going to get that done at a later date.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:33 pm

found both recipes for pot pie the chicken and beef. will post when approved by this site

Gerry tornadoes sounds as though you have reason to stress.
misa dont have a car so don't renew drivers license but do have to renew id card. but not till next june 2020
pattie, house purging, such a daunting task. I had moral support when I did mine.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:24 pm

unfortunately both recipes for pot pie have been declined as one called for 3 cups cubed beef and the other 4 cups cooked chicken and it has to be weight of which I have no idea. sorry

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:24 am

Judy...a cup of cooked cubed beef is about 225g (7.9 oz) and chicken is about 140g (4.94 oz). Do the math and add it to the recipes and they will be accepted. You can add the weight and then put in brackets...the cup measurements. Not sure why they would not accepts cups??!! Probably because it is meat. Hope this helps Judy! :-)

Good luck with your week Misa! Hope it all works out for you! I am having my yag lazered off my eye today and Thursday having my left jaw joint put back into place...that is going to be a fun time...NOT!

Wishing you a glorious day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:13 am

thank you! 😃 hope it works this time! what's going on with your left jaw?

I'm glad you mentioned that I could put cups in parentheses as otherwise i wasn't going to post as felt lack of cups made recipe unusable.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:48 pm

going to temple tomorrow probably will not have time to post

this was approved:

https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/delic ... -pie-32908

https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/beef- ... -pie-32907

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:30 pm

Here's your giggle for the day - so my dentist had a very fresh and new assistant today. She let go of my crown before the dentist told her to, so it slipped off my molar, and I almost swallowed it! I had to roll in the reclined chair to keep it from going down and to keep my sensitive gag reflex from kicking in, and out it flew. Needless to say, there was a break in the action to get it sterilized and the dentist was very explicit in his directions afterwards. :lol:

Gathering up paper work for hopefully getting my license renewed tomorrow. Mom and I will be going together, as her license is also in need of renewing; her birthday is the day after mine. We have to go to a neighboring county as our home county clerk's office is not ready for the new license requirements yet.

Patti, I've been thinking of you - I hope today went well for your eyes.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:00 am

Great you got your recipes accepted Judy! :-) They are fussy about how the ingredients are written...meat especially...they like it weighed or if it is cooked...cups.

Would have loved to been at the dentist with you Misa...I probably would have giggled too (not at your expense though!) but at the byplay of the dentist and tech. Thanks for remembering me yesterday. Here is your giggle for the day: the first set of drops were just fine...the second she said would sting a wee bit...well...my eyes felt like they were on fire...and I am sitting where some people could watch. So here I am sitting in chair doing the hibbie-jibbie chair dance blotting my eyes and can not see. Then when I get in to have the procedure done...they said they were doing both eyes. When it was done and I pulled away from the laser...I only could see white. I told them that I could not see and it took a couple of minutes before I could disguish human outlines. I left the room and remember my friend when to the coffee shop at the other end of the hospital. So off I go...holding onto the wall and walking like I have had too much to drink. Fun times. Luckily she was watching for me from the shop and came over to get me. After about 15 minutes I could see a lot better.

I guess with all the stress I have been under this past month...I have been clenching my jaw at night which resulted in my jaw being misaligned. My teeth are not aligned either. I have what is called TMJ ( temporomandibular joint). That is the hinge at your ear that makes your mouth open and close. It hurts to chew and yawn etc. So my chiro (who is also a RN) said she can fix it. This is what she said to me: "You are not going to like this!" Oh joy...more fun tomorrow!

On that note...have a marvellous day! :-)