~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 am

ate at a friend's house for the fourth. home watched capital fourth on tv. did not watch any later, which is a good thing as tired after grocery shopping all day.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:54 am

Clicks are in! :O3

I am sure Gerry that you and your family had a grand weekend! We have been inundated with heavy rains for days now (never will I ever dislike rain given the fires of the last 2 yrs). Thank goodness I did not put a garden in this year as it has been a chilly summer so far. When I am in town and look at the community garden...everything was small and and not growing very quickly.

I love watching fireworks but missed it this year Judy...with a house full of family and 7 dogs...you can just imagine the chaos...a good chaos but nevertheless busy. Glad you were able to watch them from the capital.

Today my daughter is taking her children to the coast and dropping them off with their friends for a week and she is coming back tomorrow for the week. Then they will be heading back to Colorado. :(

Make a wonderous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:30 am

I imagine it is wonderful for you to see 👀family. sad 😢 not everyone feels the love of family.

do hope when you try that recipe you will tell me how you liked it.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Woke to thunder and rain before the sun came up, the nice steady kind of rain we really need. Having a quiet morning but got the indoor plant stands and garage plants watered, the fur babies are getting extra attention but I think they are wondering why we are still in and not out in the back yard. The rest of the day still in the planning. I am tired so no rushing and will have another cup of coffee or Chai tea.

I have an awesome old fashioned caramel frosting recipe but requires carefully heating and stirring to get it just right, your recipe sounds good and far easier Judy, it's printed and in my recipe drawer. I too haven't been doing much in the way of baking - I see a deliciously caramel frosted cake in my future.

I am chuckling as to full house and ... times along with family there are eight dogs. Know we enjoy every minute of it don't we Patti! And always too soon it is time for them to head back home.
Clicks are in. Have a great weekend!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:58 pm

I have or had not sure anymore a wonderful recipe for chicken pot pie but I no longer bake it as too time consuming, same for a beef pie. both in my opinion 10 stars if there were such a thing. may have been tossed when organized house.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:32 pm

Clicks in. Have a great weekend, ladies!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:50 am

Clicks are in! :-)

I definitely will let you know Judy! Not sure when I will be making a cake. Oh chicken pot pie!!! Have not made one in eons! Love a good savory pie.

Ah...you got our storm Gerry! We have been having one after another for days now...that cumulated in a thundestorm yesterday that had water flowing into our mud room. DH went a had to dig a ditch to divert the water from the house. Fun times!!!

Egads...3 weeks with 2 teens and older grandson...sooooo enjoyed the quiet yesterday after they left. It was a hard goodbye (lots of tears). I won't see them again for another year. Just talked to my daughter and she is on her way back here for another week...will be a lot quieter. After all this...I need a retreat!!

Be happy today! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:10 am

Clicks in - got to start working on a grocery list! I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:18 am

couldn't find the beef too bad 👎 it was so good and i never liked beef pie. not sure if one in file is a copy of chicken. if i decide it is will post 📪

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Seems once again we are in the alert zone 'Damaging 3-7cm Hail, Severe Flash Flooding, Frequent Lightning, & Tornadoes Are Possible' Missed hearing yesterdays but we managed to get by. The long weekend tornado saw to one lot of damage to one of our provincial parks. Have to hope it moves on by.

Prepared an old fashioned beef stew stove top early this morning, put it into my crockpot to simmer. Been quite some time, had a little bowl for lunch, it was really good.

Still a touch wet to garden and it seems to want to cloud over so maybe a read day afternoon. Have all my clicks in. Wishing everyone a happy Sunday.