~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Misa

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Misa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Busy busy week! Hope all are well.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Judy...I have been going through my new seed catalog and making a wish list of veggies to start from seed. Usually in summer the cost of veggies goes down but that has not happened for a couple of years now. I also take advantage of the Farmer's Market in town which is amazingly gorgeous produce. And their prices are soooo reasonable.

Hope your days will be more settled soon for you Misa! :-)

Wishing you happiness this day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:23 pm

a garden of multiple veggies, how fun. do it!

just made ranch oyster crackers, it has to sit overnight. but promising. it is a recipe that has been going around my sil,s church. i am eager to try. wanted to taste before make for a crowd if like.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Oh Misa so sorry for your little one, and thankful he has a caring teacher there for him. Sorry you lost your friend Patti, you have been such a wonderful friend and know your ongoing help is appreciated. How long have you been doing physio Judy? I know how important the home exercises are to reach your goal.

After weeks and weeks of cooking these past few days have been spent cleaning the veggie bins and making soups for the freezer, great for lunches or a light suppers. I haven't seen the prices of the veggies since New years but had seen rising of the cauliflower at Christmas ... come New Years I shopped for the holiday weekend and preparing for our family gathering weekend I just didn't look at the price but did note the green cucumber was 2.69. I am guessing they will continue to rise - did not let any go to waste, not having enough to make cream of broccoli I added in the leftover cauliflower then added in grated carrot and cubed potato. Made for a great tasting soup! Seeing those prices of yours Patti made me shudder I suspect as it spirals I will go with carrots, cabbage and turnips and such as alternates, good thing I love them all! Early morning clicking continues daily.
Have a great rest of the weekend.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 pm

am doing exercises but so busy not able to do all.

crackers are good. not sure if will make again.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:00 am

Soup!...sounds like it was a hearty one Gerry...yum! I still have packages of beet greens from the summer that gives us that bright flavour of sunny days. Can't wait to get my hands into soil!!!

Hope you get all of your exercises in today Judy! Never had ranch oyster crackers...they do sound good.

Going to my friend's home tomorrow morning...she is going to teach me to warp a Salish loom. I am so excited! The warping is different from other looms. Probably going to start with making something small like mug rugs.

Have a wonderous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:08 am

the oyster crackers are good just don't know when would ever use. I'll eventually post.

with your greenhouse you're on your way to success. home grown is so much better than grocery store.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 pm

The weather here continues to surprise me, other than a few really cold days here and there today is another nice day only minus 5 and only a skiff of snow. So unlike our usual Saskatchewan January weather. I'll take it as I am sure it won't last! Took advantage of the nice day to water and fertilize all the plant saves in the garage. Watering cans need to filled at the kitchen sink so a bit of a chore. Pots of geraniums once again loaded with beautiful blossoms so a pleasure to be out there. It was also a good day to fill all the bird feeders, so much better than when its super cold out there. Thinking today a good day to go through the seed catalogs and dream of the start of the spring garden. Have a great day! Clicks in.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:30 am

I agree Judy...however...my old body is starting to wear out! LOL!!!

Gerry...our weather here is so different too...even from last year. We are not getting the snow pack that is needed for our water and the temps over night have been between 0C to -5C...crazy stupid.

Keep happy! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:17 pm

hope you get the snow pack you need without the hardship associated with it.

went to physical therapy today. I go twice a week.