~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:38 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Misa...I love how the children are all part of bazaar! Choosing gifts for their parents must help make them feel the Spirit of Christmas. Hope it went well!!! And happy to hear your storm was not as bad as predicted! However fog has its own issues.

Hope the physio went well for you Judy! :-)

Wishing you a glorious day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 am

coos bay this morning. love to get shopping done. supplied in food for two weeks

have a great day

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Bazaar went well. I found out what one kid calls his grandmother, and it’s the greatest name ever: Nana Banana. He was so excited he got to buy a ring for his Nana Banana, whom he is starting break early to go to Florida to see her and his dad.

Tomorrow is our Christmas program, and our grade is singing Frosty, and our cafeteria is serving Christmas lunch. Most people are excited about pumpkin pie. Personally, that slab of dressing with gravy drizzled over it has my name on it.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 am

I bet Coos Bay was hopping yesterday Judy! Hope you had a good time! :-)

Oh my goodness Misa...my granddaughter Anna calls me Nana Banana and I call her Anna Banana. Too funny! Hope you enjoyed the Christmas program! I always loved going to school concerts and being with the children.

Off to town this morning for my 6 week post op on my eye...and do a wee bit of shopping for DH Christmas presents.

Make yourself an awesome day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:23 am

nice to get shopping done. made almond roca for some friends & family. it went so fast. just 1 more batch to make. then done. easier than remembered.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Noticed my last two posts didn't make it, must be my morning fingers too light on 'post' Almost got the major clean done, some desserts in the freezer and hopefully this weekend sees to a few cookies and make aheads for over the holidays. Great to see everyone enjoying the pre Christmas season, makes a great start to the day. Clicking every morning.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:45 am

MMMMMM...almond rocha!!! I have never had it homemade. I am sure it is delicious!

I have had that happen too Gerry...when updating...YIKES! LOL! Sounds like you are right on track for an awesome Christmas.

Hope to get some things accomplished here before heading back in the town on Tuesday. Getting the dogs groomed across the lake and then off to town while they have their doggie spa day (lucky pooches!).

Have a happy day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 am

Love the puppy groom day Patti. I wish! My little teddy bear bichon is so loving until it comes to grooming but as my veterinarian said on our first visit have to groom or she would be a walking mop! If you remember (being unaware she almost died from dog treats when just a baby and am sure the trauma and injuries of intravenous and treatment made for a year of hip pain) poor baby has her overly cautious. Have a good friend that is a groomer and it's unreal~ she is awesome but cannot ask that of her! Using treats, peanut butter and found she loves dried bread crusts which last much longer manage but just! We are only half way done for Christmas but yes she is an absolute teddy bear and an absolute love! On the other hand my Allie a little chihuahua my attached to my hip just needs brushing.

My sister in law has gifted us with roca Judy and the recipe seems like a long process - will have to check out your recipe. Misa, how I wish we still had concerts like in the past! You are a teacher of the heart! Ahh grade one still remember 'Away in a Manger' you Misa are making memories to last them a lifetime! Clicking all done!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 am

almond roca
its simple
grease cookie sheet with lip or jelly roll pan.
sauce pan heat little darker than paper bag
1 cup ground almonds
1cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
pour onto baking sheet flatten with spoon
cool little melt 1\2 bar of big chocolate bar
spread on candy, sprinkle with ground almonds cool till chocolate set. flip
whip off excess butter or next layer of chocolate will not stick
melt last half of chocolate bar. spread on candy , sprinkle with ground almonds cool,break into pieces.

Misa

Post by Misa » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Today was Mission of Hope. It was wonderful. They teamed up with Dollywood (Dolly Parton is a living patron saint of our area); not only did they bring in a semi truck of toys, food boxes, and clothes for some of our neediest families, they brought in Rudolph and Bumble! It was amazing. The kids got to go back to buy out the rest the bazaar items - everything was marked down to a quarter. They were so precious, buying stuff for each other. I also ended up with some impromptu gifts of latch hook yarn, bag of plastic beads, and cake plate so I could “bake up big cakes to take to your meetings.” :lol: Just got back from shopping with my partner in crime, our school librarian. We collected money to buy gift cards for the principal, vice principal, our two secretaries and our two janitors. We are both exhausted. We will be back at tomorrow to finish getting those cards and finish up some personal Christmas shopping.