~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Gerry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:14 am

Thinking to all contending with smoke, fires raging in a number of states sees news reports of smoke creeping into Saskatchewan as well.

Yesterday an unusual day, came in to check temps to find both internet and phones down. There was talk as of frost earlier in the day so ended up dragging all the quilts,blankets and sheets and covered just in case there was a frost warning in place. Didn't freeze but came close. As soon as it warms will be getting more veggies picked and dug. Our growing season is far too short.

The outage made me more than aware the need to a real battery operated radio. Didn't find a good one when I last looked a couple years back. I don't want complicated just a good old fashioned one you turn off and on! Thinking I may have an oldie tucked in the garage, meanwhile will head to Amazon to see what I can find. I didn't like not having any idea as to what was happening, the why and when.
Clicks are in. Take care and have a great day.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:19 am

its is now a lighter color still no blue skies. for a few days it was orange sky and red sun but it was dark earlier. still but not so drastic

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am

Clicks are in! :O3

I don't watch any news ever...are the fires contained yet Judy? And the smoke here is not getting any worse...at least where I live. I am going to town this morning...so will see how it is at a higher elevation.

We too Gerry have a short growing season. And the chilly mornings don't help either. Did you get your internet/phone back?

Take care everyone! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 pm

the sun 🌞 finally made it out to blue skies and clouds

but i dont believe that the fires are contained

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Our internet went out again yesterday afternoon for a couple hours but all seems fine now, guessing they got the fix done. Good thing I had my tender plantings covered as saw to that first frost. Weather Channel said one degree, wish I had looked when I got up as still showed one degree at almost eight. Seems warmer tonight but decided to leave them covered hoping we see a return to sunnier days. I am so not ready for garden end!

Our numbers are going up, have to wonder what the next few weeks will bring. Hoping all is going well for everyone. Been clicking.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:13 pm

I am sure Judy you are happy and enjoying the sunny days! The smoke here is still hanging a wee bit...not bad.

Oh Gerry...that is so scary about the resurgence of covid in your area!! I know you know how to take care of you...so I won't worry about that part. Hope you have a good harvest this year!

Keep strong and positive! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm

im not ready for fall & winter yet either.

its just got so we can go outdoors the sun shine just peeks through the clouds. blue skies are hidden. thin covering of ? tinged with faint blue

sorry your covid numbers are going up.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 am

I am not ready either for the dark mornings, getting dressed to take the pooches out (because in summer I just go out in my jammies) and braving the cold which I am feeling more and more each year. Fun times!

Stay happy and strong! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:51 am

are you experience dark mornings because of the smoke?

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:11 am

No...the skies are normal and not much smoke. But in the fires years of 2017/18 our mornings were very dark at this time of year. But saying that...the days are are shorter now.

It has been sprinkling here overnight and expecting rain for today. So we shall see.

Make a wonderous day! :-)