~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:11 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Oh the draw of impulse buying! I have had that happen too Judy...only with dark chocolate. :lol: Last year we had a rainy summer too and no fires here. So hoping it will be much the same this year.

Got the last 2 pastures done yesterday and on this sunny morn...will tackle a smaller piece of grass that up until now has been water logged. I will have to walk the plot to see if it is still spongy. Going to buy a self-propelled gas lawn mower...will make mowing the hills so much easier on my old bod!

Will be heading to town tomorrow for veggies and taking Astrid to the hairdressers.

Have a terrific day! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:19 am

Thank you for the advice, Gerry. I have to admit I always hated scrubbing under the eyes and coils. :lol: After just two days with it, I'm pleased with how much quicker and more responsive the burners are on the new glass stove top. I've used the top conventional oven, but yet to try out the convection bottom yet. The manual for the oven is only online, so I will have to print the chart for optimal rack positions for cooking certain things to have handy.

It has been rainy and the temperatures have been quite nice the past few days. I will be sad when the heat returns.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:33 pm

laundry done. it looks like it will be a beautiful day. sunny 🌞 . guess I should check ✔ on water needs of plants outside.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:22 am

Off to town for the dreaded shop!

Keep well my friends! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:20 am

Catch up time. Remains our prairie weather is not being kind to us, Monday allowed for outdoor activities Tuesday morning a beautiful morning and a call from my brother on the way out delivering the barbecue I had ordered and an offer to help with the heavier garden chores. For the first time ever I have not completed the hanging baskets as many nights frost and heaby wind as concern.

Fortunately I waited for most as come later afternoon saw to angry clouds, brother checked weather and the storm should have missed us when suddenly it veered and just enough time for the three of us to grab plants and pots to safety ...yes purple is not good and it was smack dab over Southey. Yes a hail storm. Hoping plants will recover and bounce back. Some pretty tattered. Not sure as to roof damage as agent said yes possibly and will let me know - no way I can climb up to look. Fingers crossed as any cars out were damaged and see dings on my cald window ledge so wonder as to the garage as well as the house, he said he would call when he hears back. That was not on my agenda.

Not sure if I made mention that back when my brother and sis in law were out found I had a momma cat and babies under my steps/deck. I hadn't had the puppies out for sometime as I like to keep tabs on them, first t thing my little Allie stuck her nose into what looks like a about a two inch space and barking - that small thought a snake or a mouse. After lunch I hear "Gerry your cat got out" but a closer look the skinniest cat I have ever seen was in the back. Later saw her disappear near the steps. Awhile later found if you got right down there was a space to get under. My words were she is super skinny I wonder if she has kittens ... yep later with great difficulty and a flashlight three kittens - days later saw a fourth by end of the week found there were five!

Their eyes were not yet open. Come the storm with heavy rain and hail we had to shovel off the step saw water flow under the step, between us we toweled them off and found a large container and have them in the garage. They are super cute. Have to call the clinic to see when she can be spayed as so do not need more kittens! One already spoken for and hope to find loving homes. Meanwhile supplementing with kitten food and assuring momma is well fed. I suspect she is the tiny one I saw several times this winter when it was 30 and 40 below ...and yes I did put out food. Never saw her again til now but she is not ferral as didn't take her long to get up on my lap. I suspect she was someones kitten then dumped and on her own. Poor kitty. Have to say one never a dull moment here! Been clicking and hoping I soon have more time to stop by. Come evening I am so tired I drop into bed! Been clicking. Have a great weekend.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:01 pm

gerry so nice you watched to see 👀 if cat hd. kittens. sad people dump cts in hopes someone else will take care of it. they do that here too.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:34 pm

It really is sad Judy as how many defenceless little ones are dumped, I suspect this one was a late summer kitten and definetly not ferral as while skiterish and scared at first was soon wanting snuggles. She looks so young yet have never seen one so skinny. I am giving her all the canned food she can eat and access to the dry mix. I do the feeding in the garage as to not encourage more or any wild life. As soon as she is done nursing I will see she is spayed and not have countless more. She and the babies are such people cats!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:17 am

I do love 💘 cat 🐱s & dog 🐕s. they are lucky you care. have a happy ☺ weekend.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:39 am

Today is the first day of Summer! :D

What an interesting read Gerry! When we had the hail the other day...it was so heavy that it took the blossoms off the cherry tree, the blueberry plant and put holes in the rhubarb. Oh the kitties...you are such a good pet mom! Hope momma cat gains weight and is healthy before the spay. Good call!

Expecting thunderstorms this evening...oh joy! Thankful that I got to town yesterday and was able to get fresh veg from the farmer's market! It is only operating on a very limited scale. When in stores...I feel like a rat in a maze...following the arrows...and people directing where you can and can not go. I so understand why...but do not like it at all...it is wearing thin.

On a lighter note...going to to have a none work weekend. Planning a nice Father's Day dinner for DH on Sunday...making the things he enjoys that I do not usually make.

Wishing you a very joyous day! :-)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:48 am

Have an amazing day! :-)