~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:43 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Hope your day at school was good or at least uneventful Misa! Have you managed to get some rest?

Going away to a spinning retreat for the weekend! First fun since the middle of December. I am soooo looking forward to it. I can't even imagine a whole weekend of spinning, food & fiber (and no phones)! Almost giddy.

Have a terrific day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:24 am

a spinning retreat! hope it is all you expected it to be. you deserve a break after all you've gone through.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:05 am

Thank you Judy! You are right...this will be the first fun since I was ill in December! So looking forward to it.

Tuesday night (11pm) we put out wee pooches out before bed. We are always with them. However...that did not stop a Great Horned Owl from coming down and getting a hold of Charlie (16yrs) and try to fly off with him. DH was able to get the owl off of Charlies back...but the damage was done. When I got Charlie in the house and had a look at his back...found an inch long gash across his spine and 2 punctures on either side of that. So clipped around the areas and washed it with soap and water & applied antibiotic ointment. Yesterday got up and he was not walking well...so off to vet. They shaved the areas and cleaned up more and sent him home with a weeks supply of antibiotics. By last night he was walking a wee bit better and eating normally and doing his business outside just fine. When I take them out now...I have a long broom which I am waving in the air as I am watching the skies. Can you just picture that??? :lol:

So I was not able to click yesterday as I was exhausted from the travel and concern. But I did this morning!

Make a beauteous day! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Oh dear, Patti! What a terrible scare! I have never heard of an owl snatching dogs; here we have to watch for hawks but the biggest pet predator we have are coyotes! It's mating season for them and it's definitely a time to be cautious taking your pet out. I'm glad my cats are indoor floofs. I am glad to hear Charlie is okay - I will definitely be thinking about the little guy.

I'm so happy to hear about your spinning retreat as well - you deserve it!

We were dismissed from school early this afternoon due to snow. Not much, but the roads are wet and temps are going to continue to drop. I wonder if we will be delayed or out tomorrow.

Oh my heart! As I type this, a small brown bunny is huddled up under my window nibbling some grass blades sticking up from the mud and snow. I hope he eats well today.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:21 am

Misa...We have coyotes, wolves, bears, cougars and now hunting owls! Oh yeah! Most owls we see here are Barred Owls. I have never seen a large Great Horned Owl here until now. Today Charlie is better than yesterday! He actually got out of his bed to greet me this morning!

I take it Misa that the bunny is wild...do you feed them in the cold weather? It must be hard for them to forage. Hope your weather settles soon!

Yes...off for a weekend of spinning and good food! So looking forward to being with estrogen! LOL! Will feed my soul!

Make a wonderous weekend for yourselves! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:55 am

we have cougars but quail or deer doesn't do any damage.

glad Charlie is snapping out of it and returning to normal.

my DVD its a beautiful day in the neighborhood should arrive today. i bought it as wanted to know of all the hype as i didnt watch as older when on, not a kid nor had any.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:54 pm

Way too much outdoor happenings for me Patti, I hope Charlie keeps improving. What a terrible experience. Been a long week but have been clicking. Going to look for some read time later this afternoon. Wishing you a great spin and food weekend Patti, if memory serves the food was fantastic last time around. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:56 am

Watching the video Judy is on my list. My girls and I watched him and just loved his message and serenity! Will be interesting to see behind the scenes. Please let us know what you think.

I am so enjoying this spinning/eating weekend! Although my eating is still not as usual...but last nights dinner was excellent. And looking forward to another day of spinning/knitting and seeing the amazing talents of all the ladies. There is 20 of us, so not overwhelming and the room is very large so we are not on top of each other. We are at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Shrine...in Cache Creek.

Enjoy your day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:47 am

will do. battery 🔋 about to go out.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:45 pm

I've always loved Mr. Rogers! I have a stamp sheet of Mr. Rogers and King Friday issued here in the US last year. I also have the Sesame Street sheet as well. I was thoroughly brought up watching PBS as a kid. Electric Company, Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street, Square One, Carmen Sandiego, 3-2-1 Contact, Reading Rainbow, Slim Goodbody. I watched Nova and Frugal Gourmet with my grandfather, as well as Victory Garden, Bob Ross, and the early seasons of Doctor Who with him as well. Such good memories.

Patti, your retreat sounds so delightful. I don't feed the bunnies as we don't really lose much of our grass in winter, especially this year being a mild one, and I've not seen them in my yard - more the neighbors' lots. We are still a patchy mud, grass mix with lots of stones. The river that ran through here before the dams were build to create lakes and electricity definitely came through my property. But there are lots of buns in my neighborhood.

Have a great weekend!