~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:50 am

Clicks are in! :O3

I too have a small bin with paperwork that needs to gleaned. Not getting at that for awhile...still way too much work to do both inside and out. No rest for the wicked they say... :lol:

Got the TV home without incident...meaning our dirt road is in horrendous condition. It usually takes me half an hour to get to the store...yesterday was 50 minutes. The pot holes go from one side of the road to the other...and you don't know where to go. Speed...can't go more that 30km at best...and is some parts the speed is not registering due to conditions of the pot holes. I have already replaced the suspension in the vehicle two years ago and don't want a repeat. More fun times!

Create a glorious day just for you! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am

pot holes seem to be a universal problem though not to the extent of what your experiencing.

would it be cheaper to grade road than keep replacing suspention? car repairs are exorbitant.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:03 am

You are so right Judy...car repairs are never inexpensive! But yesterday...they graded the road. Have not been out to see how it is...but anything is better than it was the other day.

Canned 7 quarts of deer broth yesterday. They all sealed and will be washing the jars, labeling and putting them in the cold room this morning. And with the leftover broth...made a soup.

So at some time today...I will be moving some of my things into the spinning room. We just have to put up the wall mounted TV. I am so happy I could squeal! I have waited years for this day.

Make an interesting day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 pm

glad they graded the road. hopefully they will eliminate all of the potholes. how often do they grade the road?

sounds as though your spinning room is coming along. hope you use it as often as you like 👍

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:55 am

They grade the road ONLY when it is horrendous! I guess they have to receive so many complaints before they come out. And the thing is...the logging trucks have stopped running due to mills closing...so we don't have the heavy semi's travelling both ways anymore.

Did not get anything moved into the spinning room yet...that will be today hopefully. After that last big snowfall...we have had nothing but rain...and the snow is almost gone...leaving mud.

Wishing a blessed Sunday! :-)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:51 am

Now it is freezing again...0C (32F)...not bad at all...just the yo-yo weather. Still working on my room. Will be a few days before complete move in...as the passage way between the 2 rooms needs carpeting.

Have a wonderous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:27 am

how does your dogs relate to snow? today s chewawa ran from the snow. seems like last year they were showing pics of dogs playing like care free kids

Misa

Post by Misa » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Hello ladies. Rough week, so I've been quiet. I am apparently trying to get sick - developed a cough over the weekend and today my voice is degrading :( Next week is our Thanksgiving, and I'm looking forward to the break that comes with it. Plans for the holiday are a bit tenuous at best right now, as much depends on my grandfather's health between here and there. He is still at home, but going back and forth to the doctor frequently. I wonder if this is the year we end up eating out, which I don't relish the thought of taking others away from home on the holiday, but brings to mind the one year my grandmother decided we weren't "having Thanksgiving" and we ended up at a hotel restaurant buffet. She hated everything and went back to cooking the next year. :lol: I think I dread this year more than last since this will be the second Thanksgiving without her here, and the uncertainty make me a bit morose.

Dear hubby is hoping to start hanging the Christmas lights this week; a ride through town this evening certainly didn't help. There are a few houses lighting up already.

Hope all is well for you dear hearts.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 am

Oddly enough Judy...all my dogs love the snow! The chihuahua's love to climb the snow piles (from shoveling) and stand on top to survey their domain.

Oh Misa...sounds like you are going through a malaise! The holidays is always a hard time on some level for most people. We all have our memories good and bad...but all manage to get through it...and no doubt you will too. Will keep you and your family in my daily prayers. For myself...I love the Christmas lights. They always lift my spirit and bring a smile. When I was young...my Mom would take us girls out in the evening and drive around just to see the lights. And I continued that tradition with my girls, and then when I married again...DH would take me out. Living in the bush...we don't get to do that anymore...but we have lots of light inside and out...and that makes me happy. Keep smilin' dear one! :D

Make a happy day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:00 pm

the holiday blue's affect many. I bet you're grandmother was an excellent cook. cooking at home is far less than it used to be.

glad you're dogs love 💘 the snow since they get so much in Canada.