~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Gerry » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:27 pm

I found posting photos to facebook easy likely because back when grandson showed me how, I am known to say "it's easy once you know how" but even for my computer the method is different for here. I am on linux and know Windows is a different system so am not going to try to confuse you even further Judy! Best is have someone familiar with your Kindle show you or google and find a few how to videos.

Our area has managed to escape the damaging storms but suspect the storm systems are still out there. A cold windy morning making for an indoor day, with company for the weekend just as well giving me time to get to a semblance of order and catch up on the laundry. The kitchen and bathroom are done so will see how the rest of the day goes. It is downright chilly out there and saw the word snow mentioned for some of the prairies, I should think we in the southern part of the province should be okay. Clicks are in. Wishing everyone a happy weekend. :)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:07 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Is Midsomer Murders on PBS Judy? The title seems so familiar.

Enjoy your weekend with your company Gerry! :-) It is still very chilly here. DH put on a fire before bed and woke up to a warm & cozy home. What is freaky...it is JULY!!!! On the brighter side...no thunder/lightning/rain for over 24 hours.

Have an awesome day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:04 am

Seems we had another welcome rain overnight and here too cold enough this morning to have the furnace running. Like it's the 20th of July!

Good thing I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning in the garage especially since what has been designated the 'outdoor kitchen and gathering area' as seeing a special family bithday this coming weekend has happily boomeranged from three of us to a weekend seeing to 22. Travel time sees overnighters which means I best be getting on to menu planning! Will be heading over to Billboard!
The sun is shining so will see what the day holds. Clicks are in. Have a happy weekend.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Getting ready to go to the grocery store in a bit.

Clicks in :)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:31 pm

yes midsomer murders is a series on PBS. its is shown way past my bedtime 🌙 especially if it is a two part story.

i realy didn't think anyone here could help with a kindle, to post pictures.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 am

have a great weekend

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:28 am

Clicks are in! :O3

I thought that is where I saw Midsomer Murders Judy. Have not turned into it yet.

Hit the floor running yesterday morning (5:30am)...and the day did not slow down until after dinner. This morning is substantially slower thank goodness!

Hope you had a wonderful time with your family/friends Gerry! I remember putting on dinners for 26 in my younger years...can't imagine doing that now. :lol:

Weather here has smartened up! We have had 3 sunny warm days in a row and no rain. So far the temps are lovely...

Have an amazing day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:37 am

Been a super busy weekend of catch up cleaning, still planting potted plants and yesterday afternoon a city shop with this weeks gathering in mind, as well we hit the garden sales. Got more metal edging to add around the plantings so my two and the family puppies learn the boundaries, also after two years found a lovely mature shrub that grabbed my attention to fill in the open spot in the back where we lost the cherry. I was at the point to plant a rose but with the gazebo right there a shrub provides far more privacy. So that will be done. Not today! Had a lovely late mother daughter lunch sharing the best caesar salad in the city and an awesome vegetarian pizza.

Another chilly morning only 45 t0 47 degrees Fahrenheit, like it's July 22nd! What's with that! My protesting joints do not much like getting chilled. Clicks were in early this morning. Wishing you all a happy week.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:59 am

Gerry your lunch sounds awesome.

Pattie I couldn't make a dinner for 26 either. it would take all day.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Admittedly I have to hope I can still cut it! Yesterday saw to the extra supplies, I decided to go with some neat looking disposable plates. I feel a touch guilty but have three steps up and another set to the kitchen which since hip surgery is not a good idea. I have always gone with dinner plates but I will be using glassware for beverages and coffee, cutlery and dessert dishes. With cupboard counter space, large and small fridge and coffee station in the garage allows all the food out there well before the company arrives. Also a great back up if it rains.

Dh having a large family back in the day our holiday gatherings counting the children for most part saw to 35 and 40. I did daughter's outdoor summer wedding preparing for a hundred, other than needing extra oven space (having made many the turkey for others had a couple roasted in their ovens) Being the busy season it admittedly was no mean feat but was one great gathering! Fortunately, the bridal party came the day before to go over the lawns and set up tables ... and help dice all those potatoes for the potato salad! I did have the advantage of a walk in cooler to have everything plated ready for helping hands to carry out. The lol of the day was ... I was dressed for the occasion and in the garden gathering roses for the last of the rose bowls when I looked up and saw cars coming down our valley hill making for a big tease that they saw the mother of the bride in all her finery wearing a pair of rubber boots. Could I do it again, not a chance!! So that is the rest of the story!!