~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Gerry » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Judy guessing inspections are much like finding you have company coming and give it that extra mop and polish! Yes Patti mother daughter days are so special. I am sure you find the distance to Colorado as I do for the two grans now in Ontario. They have always been close by. How good that you have two are still in B.C. Misa do you have an Easter Break or just the weekend?

This Easter finds many of my family further away, but have to love that calls and face chat happen on a weekly basis. That still sees the Easter menu pending until know who is able to come. Cathy shared her new Bean Salad that has been tweaked and ingredients changed up, will be asking her to bring the salad ... and the recipe!

Having sorted I have been moving boxes and more boxes getting things back to 'a place for everything and everything in it's place' Back protesting which has made for a slow start to the morning, had me doing all the little things that need attention. Must pick up the ingredients and get those cheese cakes in the freezer. As long as there are cheesecakes they are super happy. Except for son, always ask how can anyone not love cheesecake! He has been hinting for the Mexican Chocolate Cake that was a given in our valley days. Off to print your salad dressings Patti then back to more tidy and clean. Clicks all in.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 am

Clicks are in! :i

Judy...were you chosen for the inspection this time?

Gerry...I feel like a sloth compared to you! :lol: I am busy all day but don't seem to accomplish what you do in a day. With the new pooch and getting him assimilated into the pack is time consuming. Nyah is the hold out on that one! She lets her feelings show by small growls at him...and not sure if she will take it a step further and make physical contact...so I have to on the alert. Fun times!

We have sunny days lately with the sun being so warm and the wind so cold. Wanting to hang laundry outside but it just is not going to dry if we don't have a wee bit of warmer wind. But soon!!! Snow still on the ground and mud all around. More fun times.

Make a delightful day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm

I can imagine the time it takes getting little Chico feeling at home and little Nyah adjusting to a newcomer. I suspect they will end up cuddling as Allie and dds chihuahua do. Know how long it took for my puppies to allow the addition of visiting cats to the upper level. I am sure the neighbors hear my 'leave that cat alone' still need to on occasion! Most times they now have their favorite snuggle spots up here and all good.

My Girl and the more recent addition of Fluffy a beautiful black Main Coon with white bib are up with me at the crack of dawn, whereas Zoey and Allie are still in winter mode and rarely get up before nine!

Ahh Pattie here is me wondering how you manage to fit so much into your day! Since pre, post opp and flairs I never quite manage to catch up! I decided that I will be happy with the sort done and see to a semblance of order to get outdoors as soon as it warms. Our prairie garden time is so short. Clicks are in. Soon off to make the bases for the cheesecakes.
Wishing everyone an awesome day.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:20 pm

i had to leave at 4pm but nothing before then.

hope your able to dry outside soon. the fresh air on laundry smells so good.

yum ive had some glorious cheesecake. what kind are you making?

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 pm

Mmmmm - cheesecake!

I hope everyone is well. I have Good Friday off, so a three day weekend. I’m hoping to pick up some herbs and plants while I’m off. We uncovered the grill today for the first time this year. We had burgers and QueenBea’s Buffalo Potatoes- they have become a favorite tater treatment at our house!

I believe I forgot to tell you, but if I have and don’t remember - I apologize , I won a bead loom a couple of weeks ago! There’s a provision that I make a selected pattern on it. I’ve finally gathered all my beads and thread, just waiting on my loom to arrive! I’m terribly excited as I haven’t had a bead loom in many years, and this one should be nicer than the one I had then. I’m torn waiting on whether or not I should start another beady project while I wait. Nervous energy needs to go somewhere. :lol: I told my kiddos about winning it using math (I try to give examples of how they will use math in their lives), they clapped and cheered. I plan on taking it to school so they can see what exactly it is. One of my nuggets suggested I could make everyone something on it. They sure are sweet and optimistic about the speed and amount of supplies that would take. I hope that checking it out is a good enough consolation prize. ;)

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 am

Claps and cheers from the prairies going out your way Misa, congratulations! I will have to check out a bead loom, sounds like a great project about to happen at your house! Would love to share cheesecake with you Judy! Thank you for adding the lamb recipes at our Potluck Forum Patti, I am sure I made those awesome potatoes of yours but seems another one of the reviews I missed making. A good reminder as adding the mini potatoes we love for the making to my shop list!

Been up since five and amazed when opening my inbox this morning to find I have two holds arriving at our small town library today and one from my e library which I have already downloaded. That's a first! Now to decide which one as I was looking forward to all three. Won't happen today amid the Easter preparations.

As for the preparations, I didn't get to my desserts yesterday giving priority to the garage plantings and the three plant stands downstairs. Now that I have young starts in does take more time. So this morning will see to those Cheesecakes and a surprise Mexican Chocolate Cake for son, a cake that was a given on many a weekend in our valley days. Both are freezer friendly recipes.

While still minus 1 this morning we are heading to 14 today so instead of a major clean I am seeing to just a tidy and clean and spend some outdoor time with the puppies. A new priority at my house, some 'Me Time' to take time to enjoy life's little pleasures! Clicks are in.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:24 am

Clicks are in! :-)

Nyah cuddle??? :lol: :lol: Only with a human...she is definitely an entity unto herself! She does not touch other beings evah!! The thought of that makes me laugh.

Still have to go to town to shop for Easter! Been putting it off as our dirt road is riddled with pot holes (some that can damage the suspension of the vehicle if you are not paying attention). It is a half hour drive before we hit pavement. So I hesitate!

Judy... I am making Gerry's No Bake Cherry Cheesecake for Easter. Sounds delish! I agree...laundry smells soooo good hung outside!

I can just imagine your excitement Misa! Hope you get the loom soon. Such precious innocence...can't help but love them!

Have a fabulous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:38 am

quickly doing laundry as grocery shopping in coos bay later this morning.

right now laundry. thanks for the recipe I'll have to print off when get back.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:19 pm

it has been unseasonably warm. in 70s

went grocery shopping yesterday. need to separate and freeze some items. think i will do exercises first or i will probably nix them.

i am leaving laptop on so can print off the cheesecake recipe. gerry which one do you prefer?

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:29 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Wishing you all a blessed Easter! :-)