~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:44 am

you girls are going to have top notch gardens.m

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:50 am

Clicks are in! :O3

I hope so Judy! Most of what we are going to grow is for salads, like lettuce medleys, radish, green onions & tomatoes etc. The rest are things like pole beans, daikon, broccolini, potatoes, beets, swiss chard & a flat leaf kale etc. Some are going to be containerized, some outside and the rest in the green houses. I have been craving green veggies lately...and they are soooo expensive in the supermarkets here. The rest of the summer veggies we can get at the farms around here. Hope the summer smoke from wild fires will be lighter this year.

Still enjoying the beauteous weather here!

Have a happy day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:25 am

so glad veggies are not expensive here. i crave them. i must not eat enough.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:40 am

It is my DH's 82nd birthday today! I am sure he will be getting lots of phone calls so we will be staying home...with a special dinner.

Wishing you a sensational Sunday! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:11 pm

happy birthday 🎂 to your DH

in 50 s a nice day. hope your weekend is going great 👍?l

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Happy birthday wishes to your DH Patti, know he will be enjoying a great birthday supper!

We are a touch cooler today but great to see a green shoot here and there. I heard my first robin this morning. Didn't see it but a sure sign that spring is in the air. Clicking daily.
Wishing everyone a great Sunday!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Wishing you a very happy sunday

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Hope everyone is well - busy, busy week last week, and this one is shaping up to be as well. I have a lesson observation tomorrow (last one of the year if it doesn't get bumped for the umpteenth time :lol:). I've been working on learning kumihimo and have one cord braided and started a second to complete some necklaces. Waiting on some cord ends to arrive. The weather has been pretty but still a lot of standing water in places. I'm resisting the urge to start planting a bunch as we are not out of the woods for frost and freezing temps - regardless of how pretty its been the past week. Picked up some paint chips - I hope to maybe paint the front door and back door trim when I'm off on spring break - just a week away!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:49 am

I passed on your birthday wishes to DH. Thank you both! :-)

Well Gerry...you are ahead of us here...no shoots visible yet as we still have snow covering the grass and fields ...but the driveway and roads are mostly clear.

Fired up the BBQ yesterday for DH birthday dinner. He loves pork steaks so put Gerry's Dry Rub Rib Mix on them in the afternoon and let them sit in the fridge. And served it with Gerry's Chantilly Potatoes (which by the way...are knock your socks off awesomely delicious!!) and salad. We were in heaven! Thanks Gerry for making a memorable dinner for him!!!!!

Wishing you all a wonderous day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:39 pm

That dry rub mix has become the favourite here thanks to one of our grandsons Patti (all my grans love to cook) the Chantilly Potatoes I thought of as a real find and I too have added sauteed onions. I feel part of the birthday celebrations!

I started an Easter Thread over in Potluck, since we do a family weekend makes for one lot of meal planning to allow for family time, thinking the Chantilly Potatoes would go well with the ham, a touch different than Scalloped Potatoes. Be sure to drop by with your favourite Easter recipes!

Again a touch chillier here today but every day sees us closer to spring.