~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Gerry

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Gerry » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:28 pm

This is such a caring group, I am amazed by all the baking you share with others Judy, do you still have missionaries for meals as you were doing as well? Misa always going the extra mile with her youngsters and you Patti I have no idea what your neighbors would do without you!

May be cold and walk needed shoveling this morning but it's been a great day, both son and daughter stopped by, grans touched base and a wonderful surprise, my next door neighbor stopped and brought two packets of homemade sausage smoked in his smokehouse - garlic and garlic and honey which I made for supper - so good. Have I mentioned this new neighbor reminds me of my grandson, how good is that! And as daughter reminded today we are well into February with the worst of winter behind us. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy week. Clicks were in early this morning.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:55 pm

they no longer every day feed missionaries.it only on weekends if you have investigators.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:14 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Gee...is the worst of winter over??? We didn't get the memo! :lol: We have just started yet another deep freeze here and very little snow. Oh my! Oh how wonderful Gerry to have homemade sausage!!!

Watched the Daytona 500 yesterday and I have to say it was the most exciting restrictor plate race ever! It sure was not boring.

Have an awesome day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:21 am

homemade sausage is it kitens recipe or one you had? daytona 500 you musr like racing. Pattie.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Have made one lot of sausage back in the day now son does it and shares. However yesterdays sausage was from my next door neighbor, I cooked the honey garlic and it was so good! Today I was about to get back to the mountain of income tax papers still spread across my dining table, then remembered it was the Family Day holiday so decided to enjoy instead.

Been enjoying going through my older and old old recipe books this weekend and reminded to get to some of those favorites. Yesterday made the Baked Potato Soup that so impressed both dh and myself years back, the soup awesome the presentation saw to lovely tablecloth and napkins , table beautifully set right down to individual mini salt and pepper shakers. Had me stop at the kitchen store on my way home!

It made for moments as she was my aunt and the closest I had to a sister. That day there were four of us now only two. I miss them both but there are so many wonderful memories. Watched a bit of the Scotties and plan on watching this evenings game and maybe get to more reading. Clicks in hope everyone is having a good day!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:35 am

I have always enjoyed Nascar Cup racing Judy...don't watch any other car/truck races though.

Your Baked Potato Soup sounds wonderful...are you going to post Gerry? We are still is the soup mindset here this winter. :lol:

Off to town this morning for shopping and picking up more Merino/Alpaca for spinning. Then up to Astrid's and then home. Going to be a long day.

Smile through your day! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:49 pm

School was called out today due to sickness. I drove in and prepped for the sub I'm supposed to have tomorrow, but there's a good possibility we won't have school then either. But if I hadn't gotten stuff ready, there would have been. lol Going to the endocrinologist tomorrow.

I have a batch of pizza dough using the sourdough discard in the proofer rising - my starter came Saturday. I got him revived and he's resting in the fridge.

Sunday hubby and I had our Valentine's lunch - we drove over towards Sevierville/Pigeon Forge (our big tourist area for the Smokies). Traffic wasn't bad being winter, but lots of people in stores and restaurants. Fortunately while waiting to be seated, we had to wait outside the farmhouse - the porch was heated. I'm not a huge fan of spice cake, but dessert was included with our lunch - it was a wonderful apple spice cake! I am inspired to dig up the recipe for it.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:18 am

Hope your visit to the endocrinologist goes well today Misa!! How did the pizza work out? How lovely to have Valentine's Day in a farmhouse with wonderful food! I am sure you both enjoyed. Keep well my friend!

Have a wonderous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:38 pm

sorry so much sickness is going around. glad your able to bake. Apple spice cake 🎂 sounds good.
p
potato soup sounds amazing. family recipes are the best.

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Pizza came out wonderfully! First time I've made a decent homemade crust. :D Endrocrinologist visit went well enough - he backed me down on one of my meds, keeping the others the same. I go back the day after school is out.

My sub sent home 4 of my kids today. We had over 90 kids out at my school and kids having to call home left and right. The high school was missing almost 200 kids...and school is still in session tomorrow as of now. I'm not happy.