~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:43 am

all turned out great 👍.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:15 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Tomorrow we are spinning in the Art Gallery in town. We usually spin there a few times a year but for the first time ever...they are letting us use the facilities during our winter spins...as town is more accessible for people like me that have to travel and hour just to get to town. We always hold our sessions in different women's homes...but that can be sometime another 1/2 hr drive for most of us.

Make fun day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:33 am

watched total eclipse, first part didn't stay up for blood moon 🌙 part.bed called. dont stay up past 9:30 .

Luvcookn

Re: Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 am

I heard that the super moon (wolf moon) did indeed turn red. Did not see it myself.

Had a couple of inches of snow overnight. Temp -4C (24.8F).

Have an amazing day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:03 pm

discharged from physical therapy today. will keep doing exercises. need strength in legs.

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:22 pm

Had a great time Saturday. We visited several ethnic markets, and I picked up a few things to build up some staples for Asian cooking. We ate at Yassin’s Falafel House second location - Yassin has become well known in our area this past year after being voted Nicest Place in America 2018 on Good Morning America & Readers’ Digest. Everyone was wonderfully kind and the food was excellent. I got to try chicken schwarma and Baba Ghanoush, both I quite enjoyed. I also got to visit a bead store, visit the store cat Gypsy- pretty great to pet cats and browse beads at the same time.
Hope everyone is doing well. The spinning sounds wonderful.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:05 am

That is awesome Judy!! Keep up the good work! :-)

LOVE ethnic food!! Sounds like you had an awesome time shopping with your friends. I have never experienced cats in a commercial setting where they roam and are freely petted. I bet it is calming while you shop. I would probably want to take one (or more) home with me. LOL!

Great day spinning and being with like minded people. Almost filled my jumbo bobbin with merino/alpaca fiber.

Have a fun day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:43 pm

great you,Misa had a splendid day. it is enjoyable to create necklases etc. from beads. tried that out at SILs .

bet it feels great to create on a loom too.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:01 pm

This month is seeing everyone being so creative! What a lovely way to spend a Saturday Missa. Happy to hear your travel time has been cut back for your spin outings Patti. I'm sure you are happy to be done with physio Judy and do your exercises in the comfort of your home.

Here I have been preparing my 2018 books for 2018 and have set up for 2019 - far easier when there were two of us. It's not my favorite chore but has to be done. In between I have been catching up online, reading and this mornings effort saw to one big pot of Minestrone for lunch and light meals with plenty for any freezer stash. I have more of the smaller serving size containers with the screw on lids coming on Friday which is great for individual servings. They keep the soups as good as the day they are made. Still doing the early morning clicks.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 am

If you don't mind me asking Gerry...what is the name of the single serve containers you use for keeping your soups etc fresh in the freezer? Sounds a lot better than using zip lock bags etc.

Still have not taken down Christmas! I am so loving the bright lights in the evening. As we are in the middle of BC...our days are shorter than on the south coast. I am sure after the long drive in to here...some people would like to see the pretty lights and others probably think I am the crazy lake lady... :lol: Oh well...

Have a gloriously crazy day! :-)