~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Misa

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Misa » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Sorry I’ve been a ghost this week, folks. Let’s see, I had 3 students move out, 1 move in, another out the whole week, grade cards filled out, parent/teacher conferences after school, running concession stand (and our popcorn machine broke!) during a ballgame, laid up all weekend with awful stomach issues, went to work today and my co-workers told me to stay home tomorrow because I looked like I felt - terrible! Running a low-grade fever. Hated to get a sub for tomorrow as we have Toms shoes coming to bring our kiddos shoes (I work in a very low income school), but I don’t want to make anyone ill during our potluck for our guests. Fortunately, I already had the kids make thank you cards to prepare for the visit. And popped with a flu shot. My arm muscles are stiff.

Clicks!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:15 am

Missed you, glad your back. 😄

My SIL came for visit yesterday, got a haircut 💇 and went beachcombing. Found some beautiful rocks, snow agates, jasper, etc..

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:51 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Oh Misa!!! First off...hope you are feeling better! Not feeling well and having to do all that is not pleasant. But understand that the children are your priority. How awesome that Tom's shoes come and outfit them!!! The children must have been very happy and Tom's shoes must have had a ball getting/looking at all the handmade thank you cards. What a great day for all!

How fun Judy to go beachcombing and find those gems! I have not done that since I lived in Vancouver. Hope you enjoyed your visit with your SIL!

I left Monday for the coast and I am still not there!! The back tire had all 5 lag bolts (that hold the tire on) sheer off at 100km/hr and heard a thud...immediately pulled over and stopped just before the tire came off the car. If I had not pulled over when I did...I would have gone off the cliff way above the Fraser River! YIKES! Terrified maybe a good word! Got out and flagged down a police officer who just happened to be around. Said he would call a tow truck...which in the end he did not. Sat there for 3 hours and no one stopped to help. Cell phones do not work in the mountains. And then one earth angel stopped and went where there was cell service and called a tow truck which arrived 5 hours after this whole thing started. He hooked me up and took me to Lillooet where he has his shop and it has taken two days to fix and put a tire back on. Hopefully today I will be back on the road and be able to be with my girls. My youngest daughter's birthday is tomorrow and I sure want to be there. I am still shaky from the ordeal but with faith in God and lots of prayers I am doing better. Thanks for taking the time to read this. It was good for me to get it out.

Wishing you an awesome day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 pm

pattie it sounds as though you're trip is an adventure. glad you're alright. scary to go through. 😄

chili potluck, contest? not bringing chili. tonight.

seems like for past two weeks have been busy.everyday almost.

wearing craft gloves. so glad to have as otherwise hands would be cold. something that never bothered me when younger.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 pm

I have noticed the change in my hands and feet too Judy! Not like when we were younger that's for sure. Never had to use winter gloves.

All is right with the tire fix but I need to have a brake pad replaced...doing that first thing in the morning. And I got to my daughter's home without incident. Thank goodness!

Have wonderful day! :-)

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Patti, I’m so sorry to hear about your ordeal! So glad you made it to your daughter’s house safely. I’m praying for continued safe trip.
It was good to be back at school today, but sickness is starting to roll through the building. We had over 50 kids out.

Clicks in.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:38 am

Patti, reading that close call of yours made me shiver, that was one close call! I am thinking someone was watching over you. Happy you made it to your daughter's house in time to celebrate her birthday. Wishing your daughter a very Happy Birthday. Please see to an uneventful and safe trip home.

Judy, you have been having a great week. Do you usually enter the chili contest? Has me thinking to add a pot of chili to our weekend meals. I loved beachcombing along the ocean when on holidays.

Good to hear you are feeling better Misa, hope with illness rolling through your school you don't see to a replay. Is there a virus or has flu season started early this season? Take care.
Clicking daily all the while lugging bags and bags of triple mix, some bags much bigger than others to the garden beds. Today should see the bulbs all in, if not tomorrow is another day.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:32 am

I don't enter. no contest this year , it has been in the past. I make simple quick chili, nothing special.

it seems the east is harder hit than pacific coast. I wish you well misa

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:10 pm

I hope everyone has had their flu shot! I got mine just before heading to the coast.

Gerry...I know was being protected just by the sheer closeness of the going over the edge!!! Wonderful feeling!! I am heading home tomorrow morning. Hope all will be well! I'm a wee bit anxious! But I will get through it!

Have a glorious day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:26 pm

pattie so glad your safe. it is comforting to know that you are being watched over. it soothes your anxiety.

yes i got my flue shot about a month ago. with flue going rampant it. is something needed.