~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Yes Judy...we made it through last year and will again this year! But if you notice...all fires that are burning in the world are in the northern hemisphere.

They just put out a fire up the mountain from us again. This is the second fire this year so close. And Gerry...we have the weather swing like you. It is all unsettling. But our temps are in the mid 20's (77F)...so I am not complaining.

Off for a day of spinning! Making another blanket. Will be good to be with other women!

Have an awesome day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:57 am

According to the news, canada has over 600 fires that's a lot.so sorry it must be thick with smoke.

Misa

Post by Misa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Clicks in. Trying to get back into a routine. I'm pretty sure I blinked and missed the weekend.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Whooo this morning woke to 3 degrees (37 Fahrenheit) scary so not ready for frost, we are headed back to another heat wave. The garden I can water but so not my crops in the fields, have to hope the frost stays away not only for me but across the province. Family and I enjoying garden fresh creamed dilled potatoes, buttered green and yellow beans and old fashioned cucumber salad. Family and garden fresh vegetables making for another great week!
Daily clicking.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:52 am

You are correct about the fires Judy! Driving yesterday until I met the highway...I could only see maybe 10' in front of my vehicle. Smoke right down to the ground and thick like fog.

We are enjoying beets, yellow beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuces. Starting pulling garlic and oh my...are they ever small heads! I have no idea outside of the weather why they did not get big like every other year.

Hope life settles a wee bit for you Misa! :-) I hope to be going to town early next week. Depends on fires/smoke. Will keep in touch.

Wishing you all a very awesome day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Bet it is nice to get out once in a while. At least your not trapped inside.10 feet is pretty thick, good luck. Slight smell 👃 of smoke from California. Nothing compared to your weather.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 am

Some of the smoke lifted yesterday and we were able to have a brighter day. Still can't see the sun...but a lot better than it has been!!

I was able to sit outside and prep the garlic for drying. Still have some to do today.

Have a marvellous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:58 am

Crossings fingers, doing laundry and it had water in it before turned on.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:03 am

muffinlady wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:58 am
Crossings fingers, doing laundry and it had water in it before turned on.
Gerry i hope your weather has straightened out. I was cold a few days but no where near as cold as you.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:30 am

I take it Judy...that you have washer issues? Hope it gets fixed soon!

Have a wonderful day! :-)