I'm stuck on these!

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

kberry

I'm stuck on these!

Post by kberry » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 am

I have been really into mangoes and raspberries lately. :D

Can't seen to get enough of either!

What about you? Been stuck on certain things you can't get enough of?

Kchurchill5

Re: I'm stuck on these!

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 pm

I got mango, honeydews and watermelon right now that are so sweet. I buy one after another. They are my dessert, they are so sweet. Love them!!

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Well I seem to be stuck on mashed potatoes for quite a while now. I actually crave it sometimes for lunch or when I come home from school in the evening.

If we are talking fruit, there was this one period last year where I was loving strawberries, couldn't get enough!

I also had a vanilla bean ice cream period last year - this one was serious. I would polish off a pint of ice cream a day! Since it was homemade stuff, every 3 days I'd be making a new batch :shock:

My most recent addiction was cow heel. Yes, you read right (ended about 2 weeks back.) I got the flu earlier in the year and was being stubborn about going to the doctor. Saw cow heel in the supermarket freezer and decided to make cow heel soup. Gosh! Did I forget how yummy that stuff could be. After that I got stuck on it and tried stewing it, oh my gosh...it should be illegal. I was having a ball eating it with potato salad and of course, mashed potatoes. I actually stopped eating it cause my grandparents came on vacation so I wasn't getting time to cook what I want and as I want. So the craving automatically seemed to subside. Besides, I was told it is a high cholesterol thing and I shouldn't eat it too often. That and ox tail *sigh*

elsie

Post by elsie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Roxanne!!! :-H Nice to see you! :D I had to google what saw cow heel was. :lol: I have never heard of that! I learn something new everyday. :D

Right now, I am stuck on bing cherries and strawberries. Yum! Love all fresh produce of the season.

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Hmmmm.....cow heels :o . Well, the first thing I thought of was "Bessie" in stiletoes and read lips, but I digress :lol: .

I have never heard of cow heels for eating :shock: I'll have to check those out, as I'm not really averse to eating anything at least once....I'm not real fond of picky eaters, but I respect their choice :!: . I think it's mainly how we were brought up. I know I have never seen cow heels in any grocery store I've ever visited.

Lately it seems I'm just craving avocados. I'm not really seaching for any special recipes.....I just love to eat the things as a side, dessert(????), or even a main dish. Right now, I'm thinking that if I let them get ripe enough, I might even be able to stick a straw in and just suck out the contents. :!:

I'll be on to something else as soon as all the fresh summer veggies come into their own.

elsie

Post by elsie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Deepster wrote:Hmmmm.....cow heels :o . Well, the first thing I thought of was "Bessie" in stiletoes and read lips, but I digress :lol: .

I have never heard of cow heels for eating :shock: I'll have to check those out, as I'm not really averse to eating anything at least once....I'm not real fond of picky eaters, but I respect their choice :!: . I think it's mainly how we were brought up. I know I have never seen cow heels in any grocery store I've ever visited.

Lately it seems I'm just craving avocados. I'm not really seaching for any special recipes.....I just love to eat the things as a side, dessert(????), or even a main dish. Right now, I'm thinking that if I let them get ripe enough, I might even be able to stick a straw in and just suck out the contents. :!:

I'll be on to something else as soon as all the fresh summer veggies come into their own.

:lol: :lol: :))

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: omg what a hoot!

Yeah it does sound odd and it isn't really meat but the gelatinous part of foot, I think. I had taken a photo with it before cooking but it seems I have it saved elsewhere, so I will look for it and post in the future. However I do have photos of my cow heel soup and stewed cow heel to share! :D Cow heel does need to be pressure cooked. I have no recipes for these, I winged it.

Cow Heel Soup

Stewed Cow Heel

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Yummy! Those pics look super :!: I may have to find me some "heels" on eBay.

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:19 am

Bill usually has to have fresh raspberries consistently. I don't eat them as often as he does. But I do love raspberries! I can get on a roll with the mango and buy them for several weeks in a row. I also go through phases with avocados and will eat them till I get sick of them, give them a rest and then start up again.

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 am

Thanks Deepster, I wonder if you can get them on Ebay and if they'd be good to eat after shipping :shock:

My dad is currently on a mango kick Sue. He is also eating a lot of watermelon as well but when he gets started with those mangoes, woah! It's like he doesn't want to stop :lol: