What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Shadows1

What's Up Today

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Started.
A place to talk about what ever.

elsie

Re: What's Up Today

Post by elsie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi friends! Come out and chat! :D Today,I am backing up my food pictures and recipe files on a DVD---just in case it could crash! :o I do this every few months.

elsie

Post by elsie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:33 pm

I guess everyone is too busy today to chat. :? I'll just go read my book.

Jimber

Post by Jimber » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi ya'll, thought I would stop by to say a hello to the Saturday crowd. Getting ready to out for a few beers and some barbecue...

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Good things happened today so I am smiling!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm back. Had a friend over (new cooking client actually); we had Munchies in honor of my Mom's Soup dinner. We spend weekends at our Summer/Winter home in Northern MI every weekend. Skiing, snowmobiling, skating, etc. Almost every weekend, Mom would make her Soup Dinner.

A relish tray with olives, marinated mushrooms, pickles, celery, carrots, radishes, dip; sliced cheese and crackers; Pub cheese; and pickled herring for gramps.

We played cards, sat in front of the fireplace and relaxed. Dinner was a pot of ham and bean, turkey and rice; or, sometimes, beef barley. Also, deviled eggs; and, homemade bread.

It was a standing dinner. For dessert, brownies or maybe chocolate chips cookies.

So, today, my friend and I talking business had the relish tray, mushrooms, pickles, etc, dip, cracker/cheese; but no pickled herring.

Tonight, deviled eggs and bean soup.

In honor of Mom.
---------------------------
Warm, but a bit of a chill in the air. A quiet weekend in FL.
Jimber, enjoy the B&B
Kitten, stay warm

Rice-a-Roni, OMG haven't seen that in years.

Well, after a late lunch "snack" the soup is reheating for dinner. Starting to get hungry again.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Well I was at work all day :? Seems that is all I have been doing lately..... I got home and enjoyed a nice hot bowl of pea soup and out I went to shovel some snow. I'm already looking forward to spring :twisted: winter has just begun here, lol.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Sorry QB, being from MI; I remember those winters trust me. NOW, I complain when it is under 60, lol.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 am

we had 31 below last night :shock: anyone wanna come here for a visit? :lol:

Mary

Post by Mary » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:31 am

I'd love to sit and visit, Kitten, but you might like our mid-60's weather if you want to sit outside and watch the sunset (or sunrise).

Can't remember when I last bought a winter coat since it rarely gets into the 30's, and we just stay inside when it does. Temps that do dip into the (don't laugh) 40's call for a fire in the fireplace and a firepit in the yard while we barbeque or grill.

Love this new thread, by the way. Seems as if "What's for dinner" has been the only connection between members lately. I know the photos have comments and the games occasionally have some interchanges, but they don't really lend themselves to community chat. I'll bet this will.