What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Shadows1

Re: What's Up Today

Post by Shadows1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:48 am

Well after waiting for almost 3 years my oldest son built my deck and ramp so I ( and my dog ) can gain access to the back yard. He had been promised help from my 2nd oldest boy, but that was short lived.
Whole new world!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Three years in the waiting for backyard deck and access, have to say Shadows you must have the patience of a saint! Happy to hear you have it in place and can enjoy your back yard. Good thing you were able to get to that smoker of yours.

After my hip surgery I realized if ever needing a ramp having only two steps at the front makes it the most logical. But this is my third summer on a backyard reno, last year saw to an ample back entrance with 'deck' large enough for a little garden table and chairs. Perfect for morning coffee! Added growing boxes, for safer walking garden block pathways replaced the gravel to be able to manage and enjoy my yard for years to come. Loving the ease and the great yields has me seeing son adding another large garden box this fall. Again having hucked in over 50 bags of triple mix this spring and three bales of peat moss can I say tired. But happy! Enjoy that deck!

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:49 am

That's so cool about your deck, Shadows! You can go out back and soak up the sunshine.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks folks, both my 13yo dog and I are very happy. Now I can get out and smoke some more food!

Gerry I was bugging them to get it done all that time. When they were over for a visit and saw the dog having great difficulty getting in and out of the house did it, I see how I rate LoL!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:44 pm

I actually found myself laughing out loud reading that post Shadows. Patience and a sense of humor, how good is that! Thinking they had that deck and ramp in the planning and finally found time to get to it. Enjoy your back yard!

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:01 pm

Well I took some pics of an old homestead west of Union Center, SD. Private property, so I couldn't get close. They're all behind fences...

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:35 am

Been out re-aquanting myself with my yard and gardens, amazing the damage a wife can do to my landscaping when unsupervised!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:41 pm

We used to do the country drives WhatamI gonna eat, as the farms got bigger and bigger one saw more and more unoccupied yards and old homesteads. One lot of history out there!

Hope you are enjoying your back yard Shadows and managing to do some grilling. Thought to a summer of back to back shoulder surgeries and unable to garden, had to chuckle as it too made for a few changes in my landscaping but all done with love, they tried. I am now in the process of a garden rejuvenation allowing to see me garden for years and years.

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:35 pm

ImageImage
The Belle Fourche River while my husband was combining.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Well my dog went deaf over the last 2 weeks and my wife is very upset, I am sorry for her also but you can't put hearing aids on a dog ( I think ! ).