What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Shadows1

Re: What's Up Today- holidays

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Here is hoping that everyone is having a wonderful holiday!

Gerry

Re: What's Up Today

Post by Gerry » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:15 am

Hope you had a wonderful holiday at your house Shadows! Here for the first time since 2011 up went a tree as was our tradition, the start of a wonderful family Christmas. Our family Christmas began on December 22nd and will be ongoing until the 7th of January. Today enjoying another family day and preparing for a weekend of family gathering. Color me happy!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Getting our first measurable snow of 2019, have about 4 inches on the ground and still calling for 2 more.

ellie

Post by ellie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:49 pm

I got this message earlier but it seems to be working okay:

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:23 am

U will have to ask Carol about this, I have no idea.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Seeing there was a new post here on 'What's Up Today' ellie, with snow here on the prairies I came right on in expecting/hoping to see herbs or spring garden pics! Seeing that message have to wonder right! I agree with Shadows Carol will see to an answer.

ellie

Post by ellie » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Herbs are up and rose buds are just starting (I do have a complete white rose though). Grapes are climbing and if the birds don't eat them I am looking forward to good food.

Carol said she will check into the messages about blocking me -- when they come I can not do anything.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:40 am

Love when spring begins to show green and promise of a new growing year, with our short growing season on the prairies has me all the more enjoying the gardens of those who enjoy an early start to the growing year as you do Ellie.

Although we had snow this weekend many of the perennials are greening up. Have wall to wall plants in my garage and three plant stands downstairs all under lights. Love roses have an oldie a white Altai the very first plant to be moved from my country garden which blooms at the beginning of June with a wonderful display and awesome fragrance. The rest are for the most part pinks and bloom over the summer. So here it is a waiting game.
Shadows are you growing tomatoes this year?

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:15 pm

Image A part of my backyard before I began the rejuvenation.
New seating areas have been added, planting boxes and
garden paving stones replacing the gravel I loved but added
for a safer walking surface.

Image Image Image Perennials grow and bloom in the back and alongside.

What I do when I am not cooking or reading ... the ongoing rejuvenation project which hopefully I manage to complete this year. Looking to warm and sunny happening here on the prairies. Meanwhile enjoying the gardens of those already seeing to gardens up and growing. :)

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed May 01, 2019 9:41 am

Oh Gerry...what a beauteous peaceful space you have created that exudes tranquility in the midst of chaos! You have done a marvellous job! :-) Looks like a wee bit of heaven!