What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Shadows1

Re: What's Up Today

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:11 am

Not much going on, just rain and more rain!

ellie

Post by ellie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:29 pm

We could do with the rain -- but no rain, but it is hot!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:09 pm

This topic has been mighty quite lately.

Misa

Post by Misa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:40 pm

I reckon I can help fix that. Today's my birthday. Spent early afternoon with mom and delivered her birthday present a day early - hers is tomorrow. I am going to see her tomorrow, as well, but I wanted to go ahead and give it to her. She's not been big on birthdays, and I wasn't sure how this year would be since we had lost my grandmother in May. Granny's birthday would have been on the rise with the 23rd. My aunt is coming up tomorrow from out of state and will be spending part of the day with mom, so I hope that helps. About to head out to the movies to catch up seeing Incredibles 2. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Trivia - Today is also Harrison Ford and Patrick Stewart's birthday. 8-)

ellie

Post by ellie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Misa wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:40 pm
I reckon I can help fix that. Today's my birthday. Spent early afternoon with mom and delivered her birthday present a day early - hers is tomorrow. I am going to see her tomorrow, as well, but I wanted to go ahead and give it to her. She's not been big on birthdays, and I wasn't sure how this year would be since we had lost my grandmother in May. Granny's birthday would have been on the rise with the 23rd. My aunt is coming up tomorrow from out of state and will be spending part of the day with mom, so I hope that helps. About to head out to the movies to catch up seeing Incredibles 2. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Trivia - Today is also Harrison Ford and Patrick Stewart's birthday. 8-)
Happy birthday to you and to your mom!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Happy Birthday. My oldest daughter and my youngest sister share the 13th also.

Mine was the 12th.

Misa

Post by Misa » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I hope you and your family members had a lovely birthday, too, Shadows.

Anyone here just happen to have any experience having broken ceramics/china professionally repaired? I received a beautiful vintage Fiesta casserole dish, but one handle has been broken off. I have said piece. (I passed up buying it because of the break, but my mom went back and bought it. She knew I would regret not getting it.). I’m trying to decide if it would be worth getting fixed by a pro or gluing myself.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 am

Hope everyone is well. I'm stashing a few things in the freezer this weekend to prepare going back to work. I have my classroom set up mostly to receive kiddos next week. I go back for inservice starting Tuesday, kids start Friday. A bit nervous my teaching assignment may change last minute, but whatever happens, happens. The hubby and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary Monday, but since he has to work, we may celebrate a day early while he is off.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Been a miserable hot wet few months here! Have not had chance to smoke or grill anything this summer, hope the fall is kinder.

ellie

Post by ellie » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Shadows1 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:21 pm
Been a miserable hot wet few months here! Have not had chance to smoke or grill anything this summer, hope the fall is kinder.
We had some rain too - but our rain tends to come late in the day, however this morning very early we had the most beautiful lightening show!