what's your favorite microwave recipe?

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

moosehead

what's your favorite microwave recipe?

Post by moosehead » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello, y'all

Monday's New York Times had an article on cooking with the microwave, rather than just reheating. It appears the foodies in NYC are finally discovering their microwaves! :lol: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/dinin ... .html?_r=0

So my question is: what is your favorite cook in the microwave dish?

QueenBea

Re: what's your favorite microwave recipe?

Post by QueenBea » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Moosie, my Mom had some microwave recipes she experimented with and wrote down when the microwaves first come out..... I should really dig those up.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 pm

I tend to mostly only do side dishes in the microwave, but in summer I use the heck out of that thing to avoid making my kitchen even hotter than it already is. :)

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/summer ... -casserole

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/brocco ... ream-sauce

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:56 pm

I don't have the recipes over here yet, but I have quite a few that I really love. Chocolate pudding, a Chocolate Cherry Chocolate Cake, brownies, a steamed salmon over cabbage dish, there are more.

I'll try to get some of those shared over here soon. I can send links via zmail to any that are up elsewhere if anyone wants them sooner.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 am

A cob of corn, leaving the husks on and microwaving for 5 minutes. Cooks the corn perfectly and you just cut the big end off with a sharp knife and peel down, corn falls right out and is perfectly cooked! No more boiling water or saran wrap and the hair comes off with the husk! :D

invictus

Post by invictus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 am

I don't use my microwave for much cooking and have absolutely no desire to, to be honest. I do cook potatoes in the oven quite often and sometimes veggies, but not much else.

It is for reheating coffee, boiling water, cooking foods that I have made and froze for the kids. That's about it. It is used daily tho and a valuable tool in the kitchen. When it was on the kaput last year for about a week I was really rather put out!

Chocolatl

Post by Chocolatl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:00 pm

My husband makes some really good microwave burritos--homemade, not the frozen kind.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:25 pm

invictus wrote:I don't use my microwave for much cooking and have absolutely no desire to, to be honest. I do cook potatoes in the oven quite often and sometimes veggies, but not much else.

It is for reheating coffee, boiling water, cooking foods that I have made and froze for the kids. That's about it. It is used daily tho and a valuable tool in the kitchen. When it was on the kaput last year for about a week I was really rather put out!

Amen invictus!
Microwaves are not for real cooking!

CookingAdventurer

Post by CookingAdventurer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 pm

I love the microwave for warming things, I use it for cooking corn on the cob and steaming vegetables, I have never really made a meal in the microwave :?

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I was going through some of my favourite recipes I have tried for other members here and came across this awesome microwave recipe!!

Mikekey's http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/tilapi ... -microwave#