An Annual Job You Dread?

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Deely

An Annual Job You Dread?

Post by Deely » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Do you have one chore that puts dread in your heart? I do and I've been whittling away at it, off and on, all day...Cleaning out my four drawer filing cabinet. The top drawer holds paper, photo and regular for my printer...not much to do there.
The second drawer is receipts from the last year, well the last 2 years, since I never got around to it last January. :roll: The third drawer is a mish mash of saved stuff, such as art designs I've drawn, ideas I've cut from magazines, writing paper and envelopes, you get the picture. The fourth drawer holds all of our warranties and I go through it to make sure we're still in possession of everything that's in the file.
I'm 3/4's through the second drawer. :? :oops: As you can see I'm easily distracted from this painful project! :lol:
So what's your dreaded job?

Donna

Re: An Annual Job You Dread?

Post by Donna » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Collecting all the data for income tax. Hate it!

Deely

Post by Deely » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Donna wrote:Collecting all the data for income tax. Hate it!
Used to hate it, but now we just take a few papers to the local Council on Aging and have it done for free. :D

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Taxes....always pay so the government can play :roll: .

Kizzikate

Post by Kizzikate » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:37 pm

I always dread the weekend we spend in the Fall, getting my brother's beach house closed and ready for winter.... it's always so depressing to know the dark, dreary days of winter are coming. But the Spring weekend of re-opening is different... bring on the chores, because the summer awaits!!

Deely

Post by Deely » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:43 pm

HotPepperRosemary wrote:Taxes....always pay so the government can play :roll: .
Yep, I hear ya Jelly! We don't have much but we're still paying. ;)

Deely

Post by Deely » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Kizzikate wrote:I always dread the weekend we spend in the Fall, getting my brother's beach house closed and ready for winter.... it's always so depressing to know the dark, dreary days of winter are coming. But the Spring weekend of re-opening is different... bring on the chores, because the summer awaits!!
Isn't that the truth Kate...In the fall it's a chore and in the spring it's the joy of things to come, that makes it fun. ;)

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Wish we had a beach house!!!!!!!! :D

Deely

Post by Deely » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm

HotPepperRosemary wrote:Wish we had a beach house!!!!!!!! :D
Me too. I grew up in one, but that's long gone. :cry:

Kizzikate

Post by Kizzikate » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:07 pm

HotPepperRosemary wrote:Wish we had a beach house!!!!!!!! :D
Jelly, I am blessed to have a brother who shares his with the whole family! I actually live closer to it than he does, so I can get there more often. Keeping it in good repair is a small price to pay for the joy it brings!