An Annual Job You Dread?

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

justsandy

Re: An Annual Job You Dread?

Post by justsandy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Luckily, my husband is so anal retentive that he stays on top of all the household paperwork, and occasionally straightens out some of my drawers too, which are a mess, but I'm an out-of-sight-out-of-mind kinda girl.

It's the annual window washing I hate (and I do not want to hear that any of you do it more than once a year!), plus our really huge deck has glass panels. Why I decided to get windows with real divider grids is beyond me!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Housework in general Spring cleaning, Pre Christmas - Hey I do it but it and I do it well but that doesn't mean I have to love it!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Kizzikate wrote:I always dread the weekend we spend in the Fall, getting my brother's beach house closed and ready for winter.... it's always so depressing to know the dark, dreary days of winter are coming. But the Spring weekend of re-opening is different... bring on the chores, because the summer awaits!!
Same here, we call it our summer camp thoguh. I hate closing up, it is such a chore and so sad... But as you said, bring on the chores in the spring, those are fun chores, just getting ready for all the summer adventures!!

Denise

Post by Denise » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:22 am

I try to keep on top of it throughout the year so nothing is too crazy. I do have a drawer in the coffee table that I need to clean out, everything just gets shoved in there. I am only doing the windows once here this year because this house is two stories and doesn't have tilt windows. Yeah, no. :lol: We may end up power washing the house ourselves, I'm guessing that will become a dreaded chore.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:38 am

Even though the Association neighborhood does the garage doors driveways every other year it is useless. Down here ... it has to be 2x a year or the mold builds up. I do mine myself. I also do the windows 2x a year. It is a must down here.

Most things I do 2-3x per year - so probably taxes is the only 1x a year event.

I do clean out the attic once a year after Christmas, I try to go through boxes but this year is the first since I moved and since I inherited so much. My attics (both of them are so jam packed it will be at least a 6month job to finish all the boxes.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 am

Bergy wrote:Housework in general Spring cleaning, Pre Christmas - Hey I do it but it and I do it well but that doesn't mean I have to love it!

I'm with you Berg, spring cleaning, I do it but I HATE doing it!!! mind you this year won't be as bad I went on a major cleaning spree before my party so it's less for me to do this year YAAAY!!!

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:45 pm

I am looking forward to spring cleaning!!!! It means the winter is over and I can open all the windows and let in the fresh air!!!! So looking forward to it! :D
I feel like a mole all winter and when I open the house up to nature it feels wonderfully exciting and the sun beams in and I feel ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Winter doesn't thrill me anymore. I hate being cooped up and I am coiled like a spring waiting to be set free!!!! Wahoo!!!! :lol:
Windows will be sparkling clean and the lovely sounds of outdoors will be truly enjoyed.
A gentle spring rain...birds singing....the sun on my face....and work to keep me busy and moving!!!! Not quite the same doing the treadmill....blah.
This mole is ready to get out and cause some havoc! ;)
Give me window cleaning and give me fresh air!!!!!! 8-)

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:54 pm

If semi-annual jobs count, then I've got one. The twice-yearly switch from screens to storm windows and back again. We have the old, heavy, wooden-framed kind that clip on the outside of the house. Luckily, it's a one-story house.

Denise

Post by Denise » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:Even though the Association neighborhood does the garage doors driveways every other year it is useless. Down here ... it has to be 2x a year or the mold builds up. I do mine myself. I also do the windows 2x a year. It is a must down here.

Most things I do 2-3x per year - so probably taxes is the only 1x a year event.

I do clean out the attic once a year after Christmas, I try to go through boxes but this year is the first since I moved and since I inherited so much. My attics (both of them are so jam packed it will be at least a 6month job to finish all the boxes.
Nope, you have to power wash every year here. Everything turns green. And it's so dusty! Never seen so much darned dust in my life. And I don't remember if it is in our contract that the management will power wash, I doubt it. Our last manager did though. Although he made a flipping MESS out of my windows :evil:

Denise

Post by Denise » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Felix4067 wrote:If semi-annual jobs count, then I've got one. The twice-yearly switch from screens to storm windows and back again. We have the old, heavy, wooden-framed kind that clip on the outside of the house. Luckily, it's a one-story house.
Okay, I think you win :lol: