New Toys

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Kchurchill5

New Toys

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:04 am

Nothing fancy, but 5 new items which I love.

My scraper, whatever you go it. You scrape up the veggies and put it in the dish or pan. I never had one, and it wasn't expensive, and I am so glad I got it.

A mini zester. 2.99 what a deal, I have a bigger one, but this was so cute

How about this s/p grinder. I have one, but I keep my tri-color peppercorns in it. This grinds both the salt and pepper and just flips over. So cool. 17.99. A bit pricey, but worth it.

The other 2 items were those thin plastic cutting boards. After a few weeks, you can toss them. 5 in a pkg for $5. Great deal. I keep the dark colored ones for meat and the light for veggies. Great deal.

The last is a mat for drying dishes. Super absorbent. I hate a dish rack and I usually use the dishwasher, but when I don't, this is perfect. Just cloth a rolls right up. Easy to use and works wonderful. 5.99 another deal. And it dries in no time.

My finds during my trash can adventure yesterday. Something good came out of it!

Kchurchill5

Re: New Toys

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I have used all 3 ... and I am happy to say ... I'm a happy camper!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Love the grinder kc, what a great idea to have both together.
As for the scraper, I use mine all the time. They are great for picking up stuff off the cutting boards, lice sliced onions, minced garilc and cut up veggies. they are also great to clean up you pastry boards, just the dough righ off. Mine is also sharp enough to cut through bar desserts and cakes and pies. I just love it!!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:31 pm

QueenBea wrote:Love the grinder kc, what a great idea to have both together.
As for the scraper, I use mine all the time. They are great for picking up stuff off the cutting boards, lice sliced onions, minced garilc and cut up veggies. they are also great to clean up you pastry boards, just the dough righ off. Mine is also sharp enough to cut through bar desserts and cakes and pies. I just love it!!
Same here on the scraper Queen B. I have used it 2x and love it. Why I never had one, I don't know