Recipezazz Survey

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

wayne

Re: Recipezazz Survey

Post by wayne » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:00 pm

1. What keeps you coming back?
I might be a bit biased here but I really do love Recipezazz. The community is fantastic and the recipes are some of the best on the web :D
2. What's their favorite thing about Recipezazz?
I will have to say the features. Ability to save a recipe, and add it to a recipebook in one go is great. I love the meal planner and shopping lists!
3. If there was one thing that would drastically improve your experience on the site, what is that?
I think being able to save recipes from other sites as well would be great. I'd like to see Recipezazz reach it's full potential and more people learn about Zazz.
4. What's your favorite recipe site and why?
Recipezazz, of course!!!
5. Do you talk to people about Recipezazz? What do you tell them?
All the time ;) I let them know how great the site is.

TeresaS

Post by TeresaS » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:00 pm

TeresaS wrote: ↑1:42 PM - Today
Thank you to all that took the survey over at Recipezazz...

Lazyme response...

Well......I did respond. Or I should say that I tried to. However it rejected my response. lol. I swear I didn't say anything mean or ugly.

It doesn't even tell me what I did wrong. But tells me to try again.

I don't have a clue. Can I not have blank lines in my response?

Here's what I tried to post. Any suggestions on what I did wrong or how to fix it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks so much for asking us to give you our feedback! I hope responses are helpful.

I like the variety of recipes and love that I can 'see' old and new friend's names even if I don't really talk to them much anymore. It reminds me of good memories from years past and makes me feel good.

The people.

3. If there was one thing that would drastically improve your experience on the site, what is that?
More timely moderation.

I have not posted new recipes here in the last several months because of the delay in getting them approved. Especially during the summer months. I can get recipes approved on another site usually within minutes.

I also don't tend to edit or modify my recipes as often as I should or would like to.

Approvals can take several days and folks can no longer follow a link or locate the recipe until it's out of moderation. We just get a message that the recipe cannot be found. For those folks who frequent the site.....they understand why they get that message. But for those newbies that I have given a link to.......they don't understand why that happens and tend not to come back if the link doesn't work within a couple of days.

I spend most of my time at Food, Friends, and Fun (FFF). It's not a recipe collection site but I play the recipe tag games that are offered. Most of the members there have recipes posted here and at Just A Pinch (JAP)......or both.

I primarily use JAP the most because of response times. I love both sites and like different things about each one.

I love food! I love talking to people about food! lol.

I have 5 grand kids (out of 9) that have really gotten into cooking and we have fun talking about recipes, techniques, substitutions, tweaks, etc. We have had fun cooking together pre-Covid.

Most of them are at the stage of searching out recipes of interest but not posting any of their recipes yet. I tell them that I love both Zazz and JAP and that they should play around with both sites to find the kinds of recipes that interest them.

They are hesitant to try to post recipes on Zazz because of the requirements for the nutritional values. I tell them that I have made a cheat sheet that I will share with them (ie 1 slice bacon = 1 oz). But most find that too cumbersome.

I love the site and hope that my comments are helpful.

TeresaS copied and pasted Lazyme's survey response...

ellie

Post by ellie » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:39 pm

Great recipes that are easy to find.
the nutritional information
shorter wait time for approval of recipes and edits
This one is and the one I tend to always go to first
No -- but if they like a recipe I give them the print out.

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:25 am

oops

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:52 am

Shadows1 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:53 pm
I would say all the above.
Best site for recipes on the web.
Needs more incentive for folks to post in the forums, seems once we started to get those spammers the use slowed down.
YUP!!!

JostLori

Post by JostLori » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:31 pm

I keep coming back because of the friends that are on here. I play cooking games on Food, Friends & Fun, and many of the recipes that are put in play are posted on this site. I have many recipes on here, that I duplicated when another recipe site went bonkers on us.
2. What's MY favorite thing about Recipezazz?
I like that you accept any recipes. I like the feeling of community, because many old friends are on here. It feels way more personal than any other site.
Quicker approval of recipes and recipe edits. If possible, I post only at Just a Pinch because recipe approval is instantaneous. It would be great if your site could look at a person's history, see that they have hundreds of recipes already posted, and give instant approval of recipes and edits. I know you only said one thing, but next on my list is the difficulty of posting recipes with weights for everything. Many of us are great cooks, and know exactly what a pinch means, and what a large tomato looks like, or a handful of basil. Cooking, unlike baking, is an art and not a science - so it would be great if the ingredient requirements weren't as strict.
I like Just A Pinch because it's so easy to find everything. Easy to post recipes and get them approved. Easy to find my own recipe books and save recipes in multiple recipe books. I like the ability to nominate recipes for Blue Ribbons. That being said, I love Zazz, too because it has forums, ease of searching, and Zazz mail. And the other reasons posted above.
I talk about cooking a lot, and my friends and co-workers all know I'm a foodie. They're always asking what I made for dinner or over the weekend, and I share printouts or links to recipes I've made or posted.

LifeIsGood

Post by LifeIsGood » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:56 am

1. What keeps you coming back? The recipes. I tag recipes on another website and many of the recipes are located on Recipezazz.
2. What's their favorite thing about Recipezazz? The variety of recipes and the people. I noticed that there are videos now, so I'm looking forward to exploring that a bit more. I also like things like Recipe of the Day or recipe categories to search through. Recipe photos help a lot in terms of selecting recipes to prepare.
3. If there was one thing that would drastically improve your experience on the site, what is that? Response time - recipe approvals, editing recipes, answering mail.
4. What's your favorite recipe site and why? I like different sites for different reasons. I love 4FoodFriendsandFun on Tapatalk for the people and recipe tag games. I like JustAPinch for ease of posting recipes/instant approval. I like Recipezazz for a variety of recipes and people from 4FoodFriendsandFun (I also remember and like Carol/Kittencal from the old RecipeZaar days). RecipeZaar/now-Food.com was my favorite because of the forums/recipe tag games/people, but they discontinued them and the site has become difficult to navigate and find recipes. I also like a variety of food blogs.
5. Do you talk to people about Recipezazz? What do you tell them? I have shared recipe links with some friends and family in the past. We also talk about the recipes from Recipezazz in the forums of 4FoodFriendsandFun.

LifeIsGood

Post by LifeIsGood » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:58 am

I forgot to add something for number 3!
My food photos always post sideways. I cannot seem to figure out how to get them to post correctly. I've emailed someone at RecipeZazz but haven't gotten a response yet.

LifeIsGood

Post by LifeIsGood » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:27 pm

Could new recipes/edits of recipes be automatically approved so we don't have to wait? At least for people who have been trusted on this site. Thank you for considering.

ForeverMama

Post by ForeverMama » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:32 am

ForeverMama wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:18 am
There’s many reasons, but below are some:
-I like how easy it is to submit a recipe, unlike others where the “cells” are so small and there seems to be way too many rules.
-My favorite reason is that it is a genuine personable site. You can reach Kittencal, Luvcookn, etc. and you know that there is an actual friendly person on the other end and not some hack or a machine who could care less about you or your recipes. These days where people seem to be less compassionate, this is a BIG draw for me. It’s refreshing. I LOVE it!
-I love the recipe of the day, member of the day, videos, the many interesting recipes available, the organization of the recipe books, kind as heck people, like Luvcookn, etc., the forums (but please see response on # 4)
I’m not sure what you mean about “their”? Do you mean other people or was this a typo? I can only speak for myself, which can be seen on question # 4. But, if I were to guess, maybe same reasons why I like zazz?
-Quicker turnaround on recipe approvals. I don’t’ mind waiting, but it seems to be taking much longer.
-But if I could make a suggestion – I’ve wondered why the scroll at the home page of zazz hasn’t changed in a long time. I believe it needs to be refreshed and changed every so often to represent the season?
Recipezazz is my favorite. The personable piece makes a huge difference for me. I love the forums, but to be honest, like I’m in the confessional, I’ve wondered why they seem to be lower and lower in attendance. I understand that some of us have joined other recipe tagging forums, but I don’t think there’s enough hype/advertisement about them where folks may not know they exist or it doesn't keep their attention for those who have once joined in the past. Maybe make them more interesting, sort of like an incentive to join because it’s so much fun.
This is just a suggestion, but maybe have something like providing a blue ribbon (sort of what justapinch site does). This makes people feel special and can be a draw as well.
I do. I send them recipes, etc. It’s really my go to site and that says a lot because the number of recipe sites have blown through the roof.

There's a couple of things that I meant to add, but forgot at the time (my old brain) as follows:

-When saving a recipe to a recipe book, it only allows you to add it to one, sometimes I wish it would allow more than one given that it can fit into more. For example, a pork dish may fit into "pork" recipe book and also into "breakfast" recipe book. Allowing this makes it easier to find/remember a recipe saved.
-Also, there are times that a recipe title needs to change. I understand that this can cause issues over time, but it would be nice if in the beginning once a person submits it, that person could change the title to correct typo's, etc. during a short allotted time frame.
Thanks for hearing me :)