Anybody Home? Roll Call!

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Sue

Anybody Home? Roll Call!

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Lots of missing faces and feeling a little worried.
I hope you are all well and safe.
Let me know if all is well.

We are fine, still unemployed (7th month). Daughter split with her SO and is moving in.
But no covid here.
I'm staying in tomorrow just in case.
2020 is evil.

lovinretirement

Re: Anybody Home? Roll Call!

Post by lovinretirement » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Still here and well. Fortunately for us, we're both retired, so staying home is nothing new to us. Been baking homemade bread now all the time. Don't know why I didn't before. It really doesn't take that much time or effort and tastes oh so good!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Hello all, I am still around lurking. I have a new position at work and with that I have schedule change to 12 hour shifts so I have not done much cooking. I do miss it but I can retire earlier this way!!! So all is well here.

On another note, I am sad to tell you guys that Bergy has moved to a nursing home. She is in the last stages of Cancer and could not even get out of bed anymore. The last time I talked to her was a little over a week ago and she has given up the fight.
I am not quite sure how long she will be around but if anyone wants to send her a card or a note you can do so at the address below.

Bastion Place
700 11th Street NE
Room 214 (Vera Bergman)
Salmon Arm BC
V1E 4T9

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:26 pm

QueenBea wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:27 pm
Hello all, I am still around lurking. I have a new position at work and with that I have schedule change to 12 hour shifts so I have not done much cooking. I do miss it but I can retire earlier this way!!! So all is well here.

On another note, I am sad to tell you guys that Bergy has moved to a nursing home. She is in the last stages of Cancer and could not even get out of bed anymore. The last time I talked to her was a little over a week ago and she has given up the fight.
I am not quite sure how long she will be around but if anyone wants to send her a card or a note you can do so at the address below.

Bastion Place
700 11th Street NE
Room 214 (Vera Bergman)
Salmon Arm BC
V1E 4T9
So very sad to hear about Bergy. I will pray for her to be pain free and comforted.
Sheila

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Having had a super busy fall I didn't have one lot of computer time, I was wondering just what I missed,had not expected to hear such sad sad news. Good to hear your missing Bea is work related. Messages were in the planning for this evening. There are so many that are missing this past while both here as well as on facebook. Yes to a roll call.

Sue

Post by Sue » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:40 pm

My love to Vera if she is looking.
My heart is breaking.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:59 pm

QueenBea wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Bastion Place
700 11th Street NE
Room 214 (Vera Bergman)
Salmon Arm BC
V1E 4T9
This makes me very sad. I feel guilty for missing so much time over here. Thanks for letting us know Bea. Prayers will be said.

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:26 pm

I am here, but burning the candle at both ends and probably in the middle. I am teaching virtually...to kids that don't have technology, but that's a whole other saga. I am trying to dodge getting sick as many co-workers are down with Covid right now. I'm going back to school online as well.

So sorry to hear about Bergy - I'll be praying. Being in the US, I'm not sure if I sent a letter it would make it in a timely manner.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:06 am

Bergy was alway a champion in encouraging people! I know...she touched me. She is and will be sadly missed. Please Bea, give her my love as I can not get out to get a card off right now (live in the bush). Prayers ongoing for an easy transition. And prayers for your strength through this Bea!

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 pm

Hi Sue! great to see you here again..I hope all is well with you..
We are missing our Bergy very much she has been such a huge part of Zazz :(
If you can eat, you can make it!